• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GP 61 -Discussion thread

Willfly4money

New to GSN!
Finally finished my EF 91" yak with the GP 61 with MTW header stock length and proflow can rear exit, flew it today with xion 24x10 and after playing around with the high end I ended up with around 1 and 3/4 or slightly more on the high end and 6700 on the ground, she gets pretty warm at anything under that setting. I haven't messed with the low end yet. My header broke at the flex joint after a few flights (it was a used header) but I havent found a good method to mount the can yet as there is not alot of room... With no mounts the can is actually wedged in the tunnel fairly tight, though I should have put a support around the front of the can near the rear of the motor box. The proflow can just barely fits in the tunnel with no room to put a mount as far as I can tell. I bought a carbon mount from VVRC and it just won't fit, any suggestions?

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Just my opinion, but I would get rid of the cannister.  This thing is a beast on the stock muffler.  

Willfly4money

New to GSN!
ericb said
Just my opinion, but I would get rid of the cannister.  This thing is a beast on the stock muffler.  
thanks for the suggestion eric, I like the sound of a canister though so I'm going to try and stick with it for now. I remember the AJ slick I had came canister ready for an MTW TD75K and it was 70mm in diameter if i recall and I liked the way it sounded. I was just surprised that the EF Yak tunnel was this narrow as to make the proflow can fit this tight! Either way I hope to find a method to fit this can in the airframe with good support and I know it will have plenty power
icon_smile.gif

Bemeson

50cc
I know this is a dumb question, but no one that has a GP61 is flying it an altitudes greater than 3000 feet ASL. 

Brian

GP works really well with a 12" header and MTW RE2. Crazy power on a 17 pound EF edge. Best setup for me so far. I'm going to try a 24/10 next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
They look kinda heavy with that huge standoff(back plate) they got hanging off the back...does a GP 61 compare to a DLE 60 weight wise?

Hazmat1

30cc
I have a GP61 that Flymann022 tweaked a little. Its a rocket. Last year at Nall I did add a Proflow smooth pipe, and all I can say is WOW. Falcom 25-8 is almost not enough prop. It will rip it on demand while sitting on the ground. The GP is a good motor. They seem to take a while to break in, but when they do, Hold on.
You cant beat the smooth pipe, makes a world of differance.
Jerod

GP61 is also only 3.3 oz heavier than a DLE55. Pound per pound nothing comes close to the GP 61's power and value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk