• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Good prop drill bit

SteveT.

100cc
AEROSHELDON;12050 wrote: You mentioned the website stunk... I though the Drill Doctor site was fine. I know how to find it.... :)

I was talking about the MSC website being horrible... :D :D

SteveT

Zimm98

30cc
I too use bits from McMaster I went the HHS rout though. Also I cheat by drilling on a cnc machine so I get consistent feed rates. Here is a video of my first prop.

Zimm98

30cc
It was a concern at first. I would not run coolant on an all wood prop, but on the carbon props with a wood core I see no effect. It takes quite a long time of hardwood soaking in water to have any effect. Honestly with the cnc I would have to drill 10 or more props to be faster than a drill jig and a drill press. Setup time is a killer.

Yup, Mcmaster-Carr for the bits. Go 0.2 mm oversize from the back. And get some 1/4" aluminum for a back plate. Just move the holes around in the plate for a fresh surface or use a counter sink bit to clean the holes. The spinner back-plate drill the same size with no binding.