• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Friday May 15, 2015 Joe Nall

SleepyC

150cc
He's a very nice guy, and because of that I'm going to keep my pic's to myself. Sleepy about covered it though.

He wasn't really trying to hide it too much. He said if someone wanted to build on they could, they still would not know the mixing and the power levels and all of that, so if they wanted to "try" and learn all of it it would cost them so much in planes and ESC's and such most would give up.

In our 700 class helis, we can see spikes of current over 300A, and that is on a 160A ESC. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of amperage he is drawing when going negative pitech, to stop the airplane.

SleepyC

150cc
In our 700 class helis, we can see spikes of current over 300A, and that is on a 160A ESC. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of amperage he is drawing when going negative pitech, to stop the airplane.

Chris, he said so much that if he hovers for 1 second too long, it's over. (his Jeti radio is constantly telling him the AMP draw so he knows) Also after big "stops" or Hovers" he said you will notice him doing a big downline or a nice circuit around the field, this is a cooling maneuver to keep the motor/ESC from popping.

Ok...I feel the need to put this out as all of these comments about Joe Smith being involved with either the intentional crashing and continued flying of an airplane on the 3D line OR the setting a ring of fire around the fire pit also at the 3D line are complete INCORRECT and NOT factual! The individuals that were involved with both or these issues have been identified and dealt with by Triple Tree staff AND Pat Hartness himself. It has been dealt with and is over.

Sleepy, these accusations really should be removed from this thread!

Firefly

30cc
Ok...I feel the need to put this out as all of these comments about Joe Smith being involved with either the intentional crashing and continued flying of an airplane on the 3D line OR the setting a ring of fire around the fire pit also at the 3D line are complete INCORRECT and NOT factual! The individuals that were involved with both or these issues have been identified and dealt with by Triple Tree staff AND Pat Hartness himself. It has been dealt with and is over.

Sleepy, these accusations really should be removed from this thread!

Removing the posts will not help, people are angry, it hurts us too, it's our hobby's reputation and they will keep asking. People are asking if it was Joe Smith, no one said it was him.
We do know the ring of fire was dealt with by TT, but there was nothing about the careless flying/crash, if someone came forward and said it was dealt with I think it would calm down, I understand if they don't want to announce who, but don't leave us in the dark, people will continue to ask.

IKE

50cc
Yes they will keep asking, you are responsible for you actions, they taught us that in grade.