• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Friday May 15, 2015 Joe Nall

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
With cyclic response instead of just pitch, what kind of funky things could this plane do?
No kidding right? I think it would be hella cool to do a full power dive, reverse the pitch and stop a foot off the ground. LOL...yeah, Ok I can see that happening. LOL. Very cool though.

Someone probably has it on video. I think the attendees should police a little more. That's kind of the way most clubs work. At my club there is an honor system but if there is a Richard Cranium in the mix and a safety officer isn't around that day, whoever is there has to say something at the time. I am not sure if people have to wear name tags on the flightline or not but someone should have complained on the spot. I agree with Terryscustoms that it has to be stomped out and confronting that person on the spot and forcing them to land may save someone from getting injured. As far as the fire, that is destruction of property and is a crime.

The attendees already police enough. It's those who don't give a damn about what happens or goes on or does who knows what that will ruin this for us all. It is up to us to make sure that we leave this place in better shape than it was when we leave it. Sure as hell didn't happen this year.........

I remember back in '12, we camped on the 3D line close to the "dunking" pond. Several "asshats" flying full sequences over the pond, over the campers and motorhomes that were parked by the pond. There can be a mechanical failure happen at any time, as well as a structural failure. It is people like that, that chap my ass. This is a place that Pat built for modelers to be modelers. Come down and enjoy the facilities for a week long event! And this is how those asshats repay him..... Guess what! You don't get to come back next year, not even as a spectator!

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Question, were there fpv video guys there again recording the flying over the water with quads and hexes? last years was some of the coolest flying video I have ever seen.

I wonder if it will tic toc too?

Thrust vectoring is only left/right, on that model. No up/down. Takes alot of servo power to do so. My 700 heli has 3 277oz servos on the swash. All 3 work together in pitch (climb/decent) and in fore/aft cyclic. Only 2 of the 3 work for right/left cyclic.

SleepyC

150cc
I would love to see the mechanics of it all.

Markus has SIX 500+ OZ servos on the system.
(2) move the pitch of the blades, and (4) move the entire storm to the right and left. It is seriously BAD ASS. This is the 8th revision and with out telemetry he said it would never work as overtime he pushes hard for a nose hover or to "stop" the plane, the system is pushing around 99%. He has lost 8 planes and blown up 15 ESC's and many battery packs getting the system to work and work well.

Markus was a really nice guy.