• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

I went farther with Bigfoot and got a GT33 and another airframe to break in the motor. Sadly Biggie was a dissapointment, but the new owner is super happy with it so all is well.

I also have a power system that will probably go into a 75" 3DHS Extra when they are available.

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
I went farther with Bigfoot and got a GT33 and another airframe to break in the motor. Sadly Biggie was a dissapointment, but the new owner is super happy with it so all is well.

I also have a power system that will probably go into a 75" 3DHS Extra when they are available.

Seems like an odd post in the Extreme flight thread lol

Seems like an odd post in the Extreme flight thread lol

My story was to illustrate the point of having parts waiting for a airframe. I had an entire 120cc setup waiting for me to pick a airframe that eventually was the 110 Yak. I am gathering parts for a monster electric that will be in a EF airframe.

I have mostly abondoned the 3DHS threads due to their "personalilty"

gyro

GSN Contributor
my story was to illustrate the point of having parts waiting for a airframe. I had an entire 120cc setup waiting for me to pick a airframe that eventually was the 110 yak. I am gathering parts for a monster electric that will be in a ef airframe.

i have mostly abondoned the 3dhs threads due to their "personalilty"

r o t f l m a o

dribar

70cc twin V2
As I sit and wait for the 88" Edge to be back in stock (latest word from EF is January at the earliest), my mind is trying to get me to jump ship and buy the in-stock 91" extra instead. Patience is NOT one of my virtues. I've flown the 48" Edge, MXS, Yak as well as the 60" Edge and MXS and fell in love with the Edge -- mostly because it makes me look like a great pilot (when I'm really not). Most of the edge vs extra posts I've seen come down to: the edge is more stable in high-alpha 3D and the extra is more precise and may lend itself more to precision aerobatics (IMAC)? Any of you guys that have flown both -- please grace me with your thoughts....

gyro

GSN Contributor
As I sit and wait for the 88" Edge to be back in stock (latest word from EF is January at the earliest), my mind is trying to get me to jump ship and buy the in-stock 91" extra instead. Patience is NOT one of my virtues. I've flown the 48" Edge, MXS, Yak as well as the 60" Edge and MXS and fell in love with the Edge -- mostly because it makes me look like a great pilot (when I'm really not). Most of the edge vs extra posts I've seen come down to: the edge is more stable in high-alpha 3D and the extra is more precise and may lend itself more to precision aerobatics (IMAC)? Any of you guys that have flown both -- please grace me with your thoughts....

Personally, if I was in your shoes, I'd hold out for the big MXS.
I've owned the 88" Edge, and flown the 91" Extra. IMHO, they're both great airplanes, so you can't go wrong with either... But I think the Edge is a 4 year old design now, the 91 seems more like an 85cc plane (it's huge!) and the newer stuff might have some advantages due to recency of design.

Also, and maybe it's just me... But the 88" Edge flies NOTHING like the 60" or 48". It's a totally different design.

You still have the 91" Yak right?

I sold my 88" edge. It was not my type of airplane. I like [MENTION=443]ghoffman[/MENTION] 's 91 better when he had the CG more aft. The 94" MXS is maybe even bigger than the extra with a very big fuse. Both will need a DA-70 or equivalent electric.

If you want a edge, I would steer you to the 3DHS 92" edge. That is the best plane I have owned in this size to date.