• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extreme Flight 104 Extra 300

I get my 104 red on friday. Saturday and Sunday off two days to start building.
Cool! Mine is all set to start. I have all winter so I just need it done by about April. Need a few things but not much. I'm using all the stuff from my sold 110" Yak. I like to get the hinging done so I'll do that first.

camss69

70cc twin V2
Went flying a couple days ago, I like this plane more every time I fly it. I'm getting used to it and knocked some rust my flying skills. The fun part was I have an 11 year old brother-in-law who's really wanting to start flying. He came out and got to hang out at the field for a while, held the plane for me while I started it, stood out on the flight line with me. He was really excited about it when he left. Gave him a bunch of magazines to look through. I went over and set up his simulator for him and he did pretty well. Now I have his dad talking about getting him a trainer.. Fun day..

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Great day at the field today as well:fist_pump:. 5 flights on my 104 and all I can say is that the guys getting ready to assemble theirs is "You are not going to be disappointed". I practiced a lot of knife edge and this plane is unbelievable !! NO snap tendencies and holds the line doing a high alpha tail wag/waive. Had a blast!!! Gave my buddy Raiko the sticks and he drooled on my radio:cyclops:. The DA 120 fattened up on the low end so some L tweaking gona need to be done next time out. Weather was 72*F 68% humidity sunny and Winds south 0-7mph!

The wings and sausage were GREAT. No Cheeseburger today:pink_epic:.

Attachments

• Photo202.jpg
    Photo202.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 376
  • Photo203.jpg
    Photo203.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
What is the distance from the motor box face to the front of the cowl? I have a GP123 for my Extra and I'd like to start making my ply spacer for the engine mount.

Last edited:

balsa

50cc
Went flying a couple days ago, I like this plane more every time I fly it. I'm getting used to it and knocked some rust my flying skills. The fun part was I have an 11 year old brother-in-law who's really wanting to start flying. He came out and got to hang out at the field for a while, held the plane for me while I started it, stood out on the flight line with me. He was really excited about it when he left. Gave him a bunch of magazines to look through. I went over and set up his simulator for him and he did pretty well. Now I have his dad talking about getting him a trainer.. Fun day..
Get them young guys hooked that is cool if his dad gets him a trainer. I have a son who is training hope to solo him this coming summer. We are into gym flying now to cold up here to fly outside.

balsa

50cc
Are you guys baffling the air in the cowl? Should a guy use wood motor mount spacing? I have not done that before but I have not built a lot of gas planes.

camss69

70cc twin V2
Are you guys baffling the air in the cowl? Should a guy use wood motor mount spacing? I have not done that before but I have not built a lot of gas planes.

I'm using the 3d-printed baffles ghoffman (I think) sells and EF sells. They really make the baffling easy. I used SWB standoffs for the motor. You can use wood standoffs I've just had trouble with them compressing in the past.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 723
What is the distance from the motor box face to the front of the cowl? I have a GP123 for my Extra and I'd like to start making my ply spacer for the engine mount.
From the manual:
The distance from the front face of the motor box to the motor drive washer is 7.25 inches (this is the
length of the DA-120 with 1 inch standoffs, the DA-100 requires 3/4 inch standoffs).

Manual posted here if it helps:
http://www.extremeflightrc.com/manuals/104_Extra_300_manual1.pdf