• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extra 330 EPP Full Fuse Coming soon to Aerobeez! Pics!

njswede

150cc
[MENTION=109]NJSwede[/MENTION] how is your durability testing going on the Aerobeez EPP Sbach? I'd assume they'd perform similarly.

Pretty good so far! I smashed it into a small tree ans all that broke was the prop. If it's anything like the Sbach, it's awesome!

flypig

30cc
Which Omega do you have? These look awesome. I'd like to know how durable they are.

I have the 130gm 870kv one. About a 100 flights on it, equal number of 3,and 4cell flights. I oil with Scorpion Motor Lube once in a while, so after only 100 flights I'm not qualified for a trustworthy evaluation of durability.
This is my 5th plane out of this factory. All have been quite tolerant of life's sudden stops :facepalm:. If people find a problem with a design, the factory generally, and quietly, improves the design mid run to constantly up the reliability of the product.

Last edited by a moderator:

flypig

30cc
Well I've lived with this plane a while now. I have since bought the new V2 Slick out of the same factory as well (Skywing not Aerobeez).
I've had a few of these 48in EPP planes now, so here is my personal preferences in the order that I bought them.

Full fuse Edge over the flatter built up fuse older MXS
Edge over New full fuse MXS
Aerobeez Extra over Edge
Aerobeez Extra over new V2 Slick

They are all great fun, but the Extra has a wider flight envelope to me. A shift in CoG has her flying wild and low on a calm day, or straight with good manners on a breezy day. Flies like an Extra, so not the most floaty of the bunch, but it's the least limiting, so a few more random whims are exercised per outing. Also lands the best.

flypig

30cc
So I've ruined my horizontal stabilizer\elevator during an encounter with a chunk of ice while taxiing. I'll fix an aileron, or rudder, but I'm not keen on fixing the horizontal stabilizer, when they go it is often dirt nap time. This fix will add too much weight to the plane in a place quite far from the CoG, and I'd not trust it 100%. Mostly it's a trust thing since I most often fly near a school\library\church. I'd never hear the end of it should I ding some marm's Volvo.

So has anyone crunched a fuselage, and now has a tail surface to sell me. I'd buy the rudder as well.
Will Aerobeez start to offer parts support for the 48in planes, like they do for the larger ones.

I'd like to buy another Extra for strictly 3 cell use, and I'll do it if parts are available.

flypig

30cc
I posted elsewhere today.

Things resolved nicely. A loud shout out for good customer service.
Soon will have a lighter 3cell green Extra, and a Orange 4cell one.

flypig

30cc
Did you reach them on the FB page?

I'm one of statistics who " should not be trusted, are likely antisocial to a criminal extent " as I have no FB dealings. (British FB study)

I was able to get through during business hours by phone. The extremely helpful lad on CS said he'd sell me a tail and ship it with the planes I ordered. I wasn't expecting that as parts are not mentioned on the site. Might be a one off, as they personally may have needed a couple spare fuselages during photo shoots, and had spare tail feathers about the shop.