• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extra 330 EPP Full Fuse Coming soon to Aerobeez! Pics!

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
the epp on these planes paint very easily and look really good. you can do your own paint scheme/mods. Im definitely looking at getting one of these. I just have a project to finish funding first. Can you tell me what the improvements are over the slicks and the edges?

In our opinion, each airframe has a different flying character and an area where they excel better than a different model. The Edge 540's are great at slow rollers, harriers, etc. Sbach's a total different airframe and looks with the tapered wing tips and the wide core. Sbach's are super fun and floaty for your everyday park hucking and learning to 3D. Has a very forgiving character. Slick's kind of embodies a few models attributes combined into a Slick. Giving it a well balanced flying character. Slick's can snap hard, tumble real well and still has real nice slow flight character. Extra330's and Extra's in general have been around for as long as we can remember. Extra330 just has the beautiful lines that you just have to love when you see one. Extra's snap hard and stops precise. When Aerobeez brought this Extra in EPP form, we think it really changed the ball game a bit and upped the par in the level of EPP skinned full fuse arf's. This Extra has such a great overall flying character where it can handle what ever you decide to throw at her. On the maiden flight for the photo's, she took off and required no ail trim at all. 2 clicks of up on the elevator and immediately it felt very solid. She responds instantly to stick movements with no bad habits. On a 45 down line, pop to full up elevator and the tail just "sat" down and came in on a no wing rock harrier. Confidence in your flying really makes each of us better pilots. Being EPP foam skin, means you can make a couple of mistakes and not worry about tearing the wing off or rudder. If you have any questions, please post!

Team Aerobeez

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
I was mainly talking about the structure design differences from your Sbach or other epp hybrids.

This new Extra and our Sbach have totally different construction. The Extra 330 has more wood and has a more solid feel. The Sbach feels softer but very light. They are both great 3D planes. Hard to compare them because they are different models. They are going to have their own flying characteristics. But if you ask us we think the new Extra is going to take EPP hybrid's to a new level. Not only it excels so well in 3D flights. It is the first model in this genre to employ such an elaborated and nice looking color scheme. And as we all know Extra's in general is the best 3D platform and we are the first and will be the only company to make this happen.

gyro

GSN Contributor
This new Extra and our Sbach have totally different construction. The Extra 330 has more wood and has a more solid feel. The Sbach feels softer but very light. They are both great 3D planes. Hard to compare them because they are different models. They are going to have their own flying characteristics. But if you ask us we think the new Extra is going to take EPP hybrid's to a new level. Not only it excels so well in 3D flights. It is the first model in this genre to employ such an elaborated and nice looking color scheme. And as we all know Extra's in general is the best 3D platform and we are the first and will be the only company to make this happen.

I'm sold, I'll take one! :)

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
We found that the control surfaces are rigid enough for the 3D flights we have put it through during our test flights. However, there will be cut-to-length carbon rods supplied in the kit for all of the control surfaces. Users can easily glue the rods to the edge of the control surfaces for extra rigidity without sacrificing any weight penalty.

wedoitall

that's what I did on my old wattaplane slick. seemed to help it greatly especially on 4s. I have a couple projects im working on but as soon as I have freed up some $$$ ill be definitely getting your Extra