• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

EF Extra 300 104"

amstd7

70cc twin V2
On a setup with a Power Expander on the 104"EF, what type and mah rating batteries would I need, I have 2ea 7.4 2800mah on hand, wondering if these would work?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
On a setup with a Power Expander on the 104"EF, what type and mah rating batteries would I need, I have 2ea 7.4 2800mah on hand, wondering if these would work?

They would work great! On my 35% Pilot Extra 260 I use two Fromeco Relions 7.4 v 2600's that keep me flying all day without recharge! Gas-n-Go Gas-n-Go Gasn-Go is what I do! :)

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh and I do check voltage under a load from time to time between flights with my Fromeco 8ball. :)

amstd7

70cc twin V2
On the EF 104" I am using a AR12120 powersafe rx with two A123 batteries and Techaero IBEC for ignition, is this ok? Also, what is the correct way to tie in the ailerons to receiver i.e. correct ports. I am using the dual aileron wiring harnesses from Taildragger RC. The only problem with these are the leads inside the fuselage are not quite long enough, is it ok to use a real short extension? Thanks

3dbandit

100cc
On the EF 104" I am using a AR12120 powersafe rx with two A123 batteries and Techaero IBEC for ignition, is this ok? Also, what is the correct way to tie in the ailerons to receiver i.e. correct ports. I am using the dual aileron wiring harnesses from Taildragger RC. The only problem with these are the leads inside the fuselage are not quite long enough, is it ok to use a real short extension? Thanks

I would not use an extra extension. If you are good at soldering, it is best to solder in more wire. You can use whatever rx ports you want except the throttle port. Just assign the ports on your tx settings.

amstd7

70cc twin V2
Did not think about extending the harnesses by soldering, but that to me would be a lot better connection, I appreciate the info.
Thanks 3dbandit