• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DX8 or not?

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
The only way you have the added security of DMSX is for your RXes to be DSMX. The DX8 will also bind to the old DSM2 RXes. Don't be fooled in thinking the technology used for the signal is not determined by the TX, but by the RX in use.

All the receivers sold by Horizon now are DMX now. The radio will go both ways. You can't tell the difference. The DSM2 may take a little longer to boot up but that's it. I'm still using the first 9ch Spektrum receivers they put out. Dennis

willfly2

30cc
Just ordered my Dx8 it will be in my hands on Wednesday. Upgrading from the Dx6i. Thinking I'm going to like it.:ecstatic:

wedoitall

i upgraded from the dx6 to dx8. its like night and day. ill flap my lips sometimes about switching to futaba but really i have absolutely no problems with my dx8......yet *knocks on wood

I bought a DX8 when they first came out. I love it and have not had any trouble with it. However, my radio was included in the pot. recall, then included in the gimbles not centering properly recall. I never actually had any of these problems with it but sent it in to be checked out both times and it checked good. It was DSM2 when I got it but has been upgraded to DSMX since. Horizon's customer service is second to none and I will be a customer to them for a long time due to how they have went above and beyond in taking care of me. Like I said my radio has been sent in twice for recall work, the first time they threw in 2 free AR6210's. The second time while they had it they started selling the new units with 2 AR8000's instead of just one like mine came with, so I called Horizon and asked if they would throw in a second one when returning the Tx to me. The operator said she would do better than that and had an AR8000 sent to me 2nd day air, then when I received my Tx less than a week later there was another 2 AR6210's in the box. I call that good customer service. And all this time my radio has been operating flawlessly.

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
I was a Futaba guy but was getting a tx for Christmas from my family this year. They wouldn't go for a Futaba because of cost so I had to choose between an A9 and a DX8. I'm really happy with the DX8. We ordered it from ampdraw.com. Best prices from Spektrum equipment IMHO. They don't list their price or they'll list MSRP. But look again once you add stuff to your cart.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
i worked in a hobby shop for a while, and honestly i think the dx7s is just as good as the dx8 if you are not planning on going bigger than say 50cc, maybe even 100cc. but IMHO the best bang for the buck radio out there is the hitec aurora 9, and the new aurora 9x that they just announced may just be the best radio out there if it delivers what it seems like it will

I never had any trouble with mine. It was just in the first batch to be released and some of them had some gimble issues, but mine has always functioned flawlessly. The new DX8's have been perfect, afaik. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one tomorrow of I needed to.