• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

did some more work today on the Cardens.

Got the tank done for the one with the 200.

IMG_2696.JPG
IMG_2699.JPG
IMG_2698.JPG
IMG_2697.JPG

I was able to do the other wings, so now, both sets of wings have the ailerons cut out and hinge line glued in. All i have to do now is drill the holes for the hinge points, and then bevel them, and I guess I am done building!

All that is left is to cover and paint.

pictures to come soon of the wings.

IMG_2701.JPG
IMG_2702.JPG

capthis

70cc twin V2
Cam looks good as always!

Did I see one time where you posted a way to get ultracote to stick to ultracote without using heat?

Cam looks good as always!

Did I see one time where you posted a way to get ultracote to stick to ultracote without using heat?

I am not taking credit for this.

Please do not give me credit,

this is from Tom Wheeler:

Here is the real trick in applying Ultracote over Ultracote or MonoKote that I have been using for building over 300 aircraft for customers and myself in the past 20 years.
Here is what I use, Ultracote as the top layer, heat gun, spray bottle with soapy water, and a squeegee about 3”x3” made out of 3/32” balsa (use the grain vertical to the film surface).
Like when using MonoKote as the top layer, you “float” the film on top of the base film, but unlike MonoKote instead of using Windex that has an ammonia base you use a spray bottle with water and a very small amount of dish soap in it. The technique once you have the base film covering on the model is to spray that finish with the soapy water, place the Ultracoat piece that is already cut to size and shape in position. Use the balsa squeegee you made to get the bulk of the soapy water out, now comes the trick, while working the water out with the squeegee, use the heat gun first at a fairly good distance and slowly move it in closer as you squeegee the water out. What happens with Ultracote that while you are working the air bubbles out the adhesive begins to activate and you will be able to tell when the Ultracote is fully adhered to the surface. This technique is easy and fast and you are done with each added piece now, and you can move on to the next.
I use both MonoKote and Ultracote, and this soap process only works with Ultracote, for MonoKote I use Windex and wait till the next day and go over the edges to make sure it sealed.
Tom