• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Before
14361396_10210680870837669_3486815946059038130_o.jpg

After

14344188_10210680869637639_5357463261978080608_n.jpg

SO I have been able to install the canister mounts, then, I did the cowl. Then installed the conduits for the servo leads, then glued on the bottom front and rear deck. Now to finish the tail wheel balsa, then I can glue on the fin, then the turtle deck.

IMG_2381.JPG
IMG_2382.JPG
IMG_2380.JPG
IMG_2378.JPG
IMG_2383.JPG
IMG_2379.JPG
IMG_2376.JPG
IMG_2377.JPG

Tail wheel balsa:

I need to mark where the carbon spring goes, and then I will have to fill the rest in.

IMG_2388.JPG

also, please note, that the plywood from the tail wheel support, there is no sheeting on its side. I had to fill this in with balsa,

IMG_2389.JPG

I did something very risky! Something, I promised myself I would never do again, but, I did it!

What is this you may ask yourself???

Ok, I did it, I ordered online from Chief RC store. Whom, I must say, is very unreliable and the person who runs it, the RC department, very rude. OK, well, he has redeemed himself, but I still would not order from them again, since I think this was a winning the lottery type thing!

I found on their website these new carbon fiber landing gear for like 70 dollars! and the quality is superb! For a 40%er.

You guys better go check them out

it says SD hobbies on the side.

The gear are real good carbon fiber. SO much better than even the best Graph Tec, back in their day.

I have a LG from Bill Hempel on a Yak, and that gear is like the best!! This one reminds me of it.

On all my past 3DHS extras, and also the graph tec gear, all, have fractured, some on the 3rd landing, others, after 100 or 200 flights, start to sag.

But not the Bill Hempel one. SO maybe these will hold up as well as those.

Plus, guess what else? these weigh over a 1/2 pound less than the Carden landing gear.
And they are already predrilled, even for the wheel pants!

Also, it was drilled on the mounting area. SO this was filled with carbon fiber rod, and adhered with resin and then covered with kevlar/CF hybrid cloth.

then I predrilled them for my fuselage.

IMG_2390.JPG

IMG_2391.JPG

so a 1/2 pound less, I will take it!

Now, something I have never used before! I feel privileged! This is going to be nice.

These are the fairings for the LG:

IMG_2392.JPG
IMG_2393.JPG
IMG_2394.JPG

this is going to be real nice!!!

had to quit building to do some repairs on some other airplanes, we have the final IMAC contest this weekend coming up. Yesterday, when I went to fly my Dalton, i noticed the left wing aileron was sagging some, I flew her, but, it was rolling ever so slightly. I quit, and today, I changed out both servos on the left wing, and now, the sag is gone!

Now, I have to get two more older airplanes ready so they are competition ready.

Had to put them aside for now:
IMG_2410.JPG