• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Yes indeed. I never knew it was a problem, since I fly the intermediate sequence. But Kyle was doing the advanced, and there is a tear- drop, and on the up-line, there are two elements, and the 2nd element is a snap, and it was running out of steam quick. He told me about it, and I started to study it, and then, looked at the telemetry of my other two Daltons, with quads. All three airplanes have same motor and same prop. But, the Yak was down by 500 rpm. Also, all three have same exhaust, which is canisters. SO i knew there was a problem. I discovered, from Day 1, the Yak quad was running rich, and it has clogged the canisters. SO I removed the KS 95 canisters, and installed the pro flows, and tuned the motor good. Now, it is a rocket!

This morning, I sanded down the LE and TE of the wings and the stabs.

then I began to glue on the LE and TE for the stabs.

Being that my table is flat. I placed a sanding belt, flat on the table, and then pushed the wing and stab over it, in a smooth and controlled stroke, only in one direction, and making sure the wing and stab were perpendicular to the table.

IMG_2099.JPG
IMG_2100.JPG

I was able to place the stabs in the bag, and use vacuum to glue on the LE and TE to the stabs. My plan worked! It really makes it so there are no gaps between the LE/TE and the foam/sheeted area. The important aspect is to assure that the LE and TE of the sheeted foam is true and straight.

IMG_2102.JPG
IMG_2103.JPG

Now, time for the hard part!! Which is shaving and then sanding these down. The TE is easy. The LE takes more work.

I also have to glue on the LE and TE to the wings, and then, I can set the incidence!

Was able to finish the LE and TE of the stabs.

These are some of the tools i have accumulated over the years, ask me which one works best??

IMG_2117.JPG

I am happy with them...

IMG_2113.JPG

Here is a picture of the LE:
IMG_2114.JPG

here is the TE...
IMG_2115.JPG

this is to demonstrate the great joint between the LE and the balsa sheeted foam. Also, I had learned of using the white glue from Gorilla brand glues, and it sands easiest. and, it is clear too!

IMG_2119.JPG

time to put these aside, and start working on the wings.

IMG_2120.JPG

Are you still building and flying Dean?
I fly some but not as much as I used to. When I do fly it's usually pattern related because there is a fairly large presence of pattern flyers around here. I just finished sheeting some wings and stabs for one of them.

Living in the Houston area makes it difficult to attend IMAC competitions because there just aren't that many in SC. For the ones that do exist it's just not worth driving the distances just to compete against yourself or one other person or so in the upper classes.