• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

TonyHallo

150cc
I agree with Dirt, looks like cf lamination. I got CF arrow shafts at the local bow hunter supply store, he had a bucket full of broken ones for free.

Edit, correction!

The pictures I posted are actually from the build thread of FixedWing, aka, Dean N. from Texas. My bad. They both shared pictures and I guess Will posted Dean's pictures.

Just to be perfectly clear so that there is no misunderstanding I'd like to add the following:
  • The thread mentioned in post #151 above was started by WINDECKER on another site.
  • The pictures shown in the same post were actually pictures from a Carden 126" Extra (43%) build that I was doing at the same time back in 2008 of the same kit Will was building.
  • Windecker is Will Berninger who is an EXCELLENT flier and an EXCELLENT builder.
  • Will graciously allowed me and several other builders to post pictures of our Carden 126" builds on his thread in order to spread knowledge of what people were doing.
  • The thread got really huge (over 200 pages) and is full of great information with lots of technique tips and pictures.
  • At one point I believe it was Marian (Will's wife) who went back and provided a great index on page #1 of the thread that pointed to pages where various topics were being discussed (I may be wrong that it was Marian? I'm remembering from way back).
  • The Carden 124" that Cam is building in this thread is very similar in construction to the Carden 126"
Dean (Fixed Wing)

Robotech

70cc twin V2
It should be noted that one of FixedWings last few builds is up for sale. If I had spare funds I would be on my way to Ft. Worth tomorrow!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
BTW - that CF/balsa laminate is available from ACP as well. Many thicknesses available and different core materials. The CF/balsa stuff is extremely strong and light.

Dirt

50cc
Cam, here is pic from Dean's build thread that shows the half-round gussets:

http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/uploads/2/7/2/a528462-153-K18%20Battery%20Tray%20%281%29.jpg

It's a simple thingy that hold three to six pieces together very nicely!!