• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Rusty 73

100cc
What i'm surprised at is with arf planes they don't have an arrow shaft for a pin , like you said for prevention of swelling and for superoir strength .
maybe if you give it a coat of epoxy to seal the dowel tight .

Purchase some of the Westsystem epoxy with the fast hardener and i love it . Just finished putting in the baffles and supports and then coating then sealed then plywood with epoxy to fuel proof it . Thanks Cam again for suggesting this product .:way_to_go:

Rusty 73

100cc
I did a test batch when i first got it, tried to get the hardener pulling and finally had to open the lid because it wasn't sucking air into the can so it would pump in one stroke.I probably had too much hardener in the test , it hardened with in 50 min ,
Use it yesterday and it was at 4c not room tempature and it took three hours to set and that was with even one pump hardener to one pump resin .
had to move to cowl into the house to help the resin cure.

Rusty 73

100cc
If your doing work that doesn't take a lot of time finish then a fast hardener is the ticket.
The slow hardener for vaccum bagging is i believe the correct mixture from what you have said plus you use a heat gun to get it to flow easier with the slow cure without worrying about the epoxy setting too quick .
Just used the heat gun to warm up the plywood brace in the fuse, i appiled used slow cure hysol and the garage is at 5-7c at little cool for proper cure time .

Here are some pilots, I want to say, from left to right is lighter to heavier. The one all the way to the left weighs under 1 ounce. the one all the way to the right is the heaviest. It is a balsa block. the others are either fiberglass or plastic.

However, none of the fit inside the canopy, except for the foamy one. LOL!!

Looks like I will have to do some cutting.

IMG_3063.JPG

Rusty 73

100cc
Are these for plane one or two ,most of these are 35% scale . The G-force pilot I received was a 25% and fit in the canopy of the 35% Extra , the 35% would be too tall and would hit the canopy .
Like the yellow with red helmet pilot as second choice.