• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Good morning Rusty,

1. How's the balance on two of them: right now (on the red/blue/white one), with no pilot in there, If I raise the airplane by the wing tube, it is slightly nose heavy. meaning, a split second after lifting it from wing tube, nose slowly drops. (no wings on, canopy on).

the orange and white one, has no radio in it, no rudder servos installed, no batteries, but If I pick it up, same location, the tail drops, well, tail stays down.

2. will you use the 5.5oz or 1.5 oz pilot in the blue and red bird ? I am probably going to need a heavier pilot on that one.

3. Like how you fastened the baffle and shroud down , doubt the bolts will loosen . Thank you, it took a good while to do that step, but now it is done!

4. I have to order a few Mcfuelers as well they just look sharp on the cowl . I really like them, they are durable, and I have never had one come loose.

1. Are you using Tygon tubing in any of the fuel lines , it quite expensive but has great charteristics that the yellow fuel line doesn't.

I am using Viton inside the tanks, and from the tank to the carbs, I am using the Yellow brand name Tygon tubing.

2. So the either Jr programmed those servos or the Jeti programming figure out the slow start feature of those Jr's.
Good to heard that no futher programming is required. Yes, I agree, I was under the impression that the slow start feature would not work, unless I programmed the servos. I am stoked!!

3. What made you switch to the 8912 servos , just curious? I usually use JR servos, or Futaba Servos. After that, then MKS, and lastly, Savox. I have one airplane with Bluebird servos. But by far, my favorite servo are the JR ones. I have listed them in order of preference. I had heard that the JR NXB 8921 servos would be the top of the line servos, and for centering and staying power, so I figured, this would be good for IMAC. I am an IMAC nut!

Alky6

150cc
Thank you sir, I appreciate you! I Love that orange and white scheme!
Me too! Great minds think alike! LOL

IMG_3436.JPG

Rusty 73

100cc
This picture i post is Orthobird plane from this thread showing how similar these two planes , just so no one get confused and thinks this is my aircraft .:black-eye:

capthis

70cc twin V2
Looking good Cam, somehow I must of missed your last several posts I had a lot of catching up to do! :)

Gotta love the way a Carden Extra looks!

yes sir. thank you. Just did something, may be hard to see, But this is 3/5" long poplar dowel, and this is being glued on to the TE of the root of the wing, to help increase the stability. Maybe it does not need it, but I was informed, this would be a good idea, and I like it.,

IMG_3059.JPG

tl3

50cc
yes sir. thank you. Just did something, may be hard to see, But this is 3/5" long poplar dowel, and this is being glued on to the TE of the root of the wing, to help increase the stability. Maybe it does not need it, but I was informed, this would be a good idea, and I like it.,
For future reference: I prefer using sections of carbon arrow shaft for anti rotation pins, or get some alum tubing to fit over the dowel. In hot humid weather, which I'm sure never happens in LA ;-), the dowels can swell to the point were putting the wings on or taking them off becomes challenging.
t