• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Dle 30

You have a mutant DLE-30 for sure. [MENTION=769]dth7[/MENTION] has my old 20x7 falcon on his DLE-35 on the ES pipe. I know it is well into the 9k range, but that is impressive.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
You have a mutant DLE-30 for sure. [MENTION=769]dth7[/MENTION] has my old 20x7 falcon on his DLE-35 on the ES pipe. I know it is well into the 9k range, but that is impressive.

It actually has settled in around 88-8900 but it is plenty punch! fo sure.

Have you checked the telemetry against a optical tachometer? I have never seen it off, but this makes one do a double take.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Have you checked the telemetry against a optical tachometer? I have never seen it off, but this makes one do a double take.

These readings are from two separate tm1000 and evolution rpm sensors. Can't imagine both being bad?

What is the best exhaust for the DLE-30? Stock muffler, canister or pipe. I have my DLE-30 in a 3DHS 74" Edge. Has a bowmen ring, reed block mod and new carb. Previous owner did a lot of work to it. Was considering selling it to get a VVRC 40 twin but now reconsidering since the engine runs so well. Noise level is not an issue where I fly so not sue if that's something to factor in. I haven't tached it yet. Currently running a Mejzlik 20x7. Any idea what rpm's I should be getting with the 20x7? Thanks!

gyro

GSN Contributor
What is the best exhaust for the DLE-30? Stock muffler, canister or pipe. I have my DLE-30 in a 3DHS 74" Edge. Has a bowmen ring, reed block mod and new carb. Previous owner did a lot of work to it. Was considering selling it to get a VVRC 40 twin but now reconsidering since the engine runs so well. Noise level is not an issue where I fly so not sue if that's something to factor in. I haven't tached it yet. Currently running a Mejzlik 20x7. Any idea what rpm's I should be getting with the 20x7? Thanks!

I also have a DLE 30 with bowman ring and reed block mod. I am running the stock side dump, and getting 8700-8800 rpm in flight with a falcon 20x7. Had to move up from a 19x8 as that was going up to 9500-9600.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got a big assist from my good buddy [MENTION=504]betoperez[/MENTION] today!
He made a special tool and swapped prop hubs on my super DLE 30 in about 5 minutes!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390950539.633237.jpg

Also, thanks to [MENTION=327]ValleyViewRC[/MENTION] for their super fast and cheap shipping.
Made the order early in the afternoon Friday, and it arrived yesterday, for only $2! Amazing: