• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

dle 30 or eme 35

I own two DLE 30s. One is 4 seasons old, the other 5. Other than a timing and plug issue on the younger engine when it was new, both have run flawlessly. I would be hard pressed to say anything bad about these engines. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another or the EME 35. Frankly, I'm thankful we have choices.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Helpful thread. Just purchased a new DLE 30 for my once glow (shudder) powered 95" Cessna. Love the way my 55's have performed, anxious to see what the little guy will do.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
I have had a few DLE 30,s nice engines but are harder to set and very with temp changes. The EME 35's easier to set and very little change in settings from hot to cold temps when out flying Here are two short vids both EME engines are running stock mufflers, and 21X8 Zoar laminated ply props

emtp275

100cc
I can't say that the EME is better than the DLE i have both EME and DLE motors i actully have the DLE 30 on a 72 extra with a reed mod and bowman ring and it will turn a 20x6 prop 8,200 rpm on the ground that to me is amazing and the EME 35s i have seen at the field dont come close to it. Plus @mulehead1969 can tell you about his EME with a bad carb that he would have to send back to the supplier and they will then send it to China for repair and ill not mention said suppliers name but it one of the only EME dealers in the states so that should answer its self.

I own (2) DLE 30, one mounted in a 1/4 CUB and the other in a YAK55. Both have been absolutely great engines and IIRC, one is 5 years old, the other 4. They've never been babied in any way and they never fail to satisfy my requirements for reliable power. Sorry, no experience with the EME engines so can't compare.

Edit: Dang, already replied to this thread back on the 17th. I must be getting old or I'm developing Can't Remember Sh*t disease.

Last edited:

flycanic

70cc twin V2
I can't say that the EME is better than the DLE i have both EME and DLE motors i actully have the DLE 30 on a 72 extra with a reed mod and bowman ring and it will turn a 20x6 prop 8,200 rpm on the ground that to me is amazing and the EME 35s i have seen at the field dont come close to it. Plus @mulehead1969 can tell you about his EME with a bad carb that he would have to send back to the supplier and they will then send it to China for repair and ill not mention said suppliers name but it one of the only EME dealers in the states so that should answer its self.
My DLE 30's would turn the 20X6 at that rpm to but the 35 EME's transition better and do not burble at mid throttle like the DLE's do I am sure the OS and the DA 35's are nicer yet. I like the EME I can power two planes for the price of one of the TOP BRANDS. But riddle me this Batman
WHY? My two EME's are on the second season and start with one or two flips I have flown both on the same day (EME, DLE) Apples to Apples and with the same props 21X8 Zoar and the DLE looses, one of the reasons I dumped my DLE 30,s. On another note both myself and Monster Energy almost lost planes due to a weird characteristic when making an inverted turn theDLE's would die, not all the time but not what you want happening at all. FWIW

My DLE 30's would turn the 20X6 at that rpm to but the 35 EME's transition better and do not burble at mid throttle like the DLE's do I am sure the OS and the DA 35's are nicer yet. I like the EME I can power two planes for the price of one of the TOP BRANDS. But riddle me this Batman
WHY? My two EME's are on the second season and start with one or two flips I have flown both on the same day (EME, DLE) Apples to Apples and with the same props 21X8 Zoar and the DLE looses, one of the reasons I dumped my DLE 30,s. On another note both myself and Monster Energy almost lost planes due to a weird characteristic when making an inverted turn theDLE's would die, not all the time but not what you want happening at all. FWIW

Remembering back when my DLE 30s were new, I tried the first one with the stock muffler and really didn't like the way it ran. Frankly it sounded like crap and had a horrible mid range burble. A week later I brought the same plane out with a shiny new Pitts wrap around muffler on it and what a difference. Sounded much smoother and the mid range burble was completely gone. No other changes were made other than the muffler. Have been completely satisfied ever since and hundreds of flights later. Needless to say, I binned the stock mufflers. Had I stayed with the stock muffler, I doubt I would have been very happy with the engine and I certainly would not have bought a second one.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
It is all about the induction and how "smooth" stratification is when jetting the air flow with fuel. Back pressure is different from muffler choice and affects this. This is the main reason I use pro flows. The EME has a better 4 petal reed and is less likely to have to be modded like the DLE's 2 petal. Both engines are good choices but what the end user decides to choose just know mufflers make a difference and reed systems make a difference. Consider these when making a decision and how you intend to use it in your application. As far as warranty...If a distributor has to send it back to source for repairs that is probably the Manufactory call. I can remember when all OS products went back to Japan for warranty. It is more infrastructure and logistics kind of thing and being able to have resources.
Motors with minor issues tend to get a bad rep but should not be condemned. You can buy LAMBO and have issues.