• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

dle 30 or eme 35

flycanic

70cc twin V2
IMG_3596.JPG I had one aileron connection come out and when entering a low level hover the plane went in to a snap to hover scared the bajeebas out of me I landed right after and found one aileron connector had come out of the smart fly board so I do this now

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Good idea. I just strapped Velcro around to hold in the pigtail. Works. You might want to start a thread in radios and point out some of the "connector issues". I will contribute. And for the record you need not apologize.
Bunch's know these motors inside and out and can fly like the shizz. My skills are actually diminishing cuz I am an old fart. Best to ya.

flycanic

70cc twin V2
No, for the record the apology was needed. I tend to fly off the handle at times. My skills are not were they were years ago either, and I must admit I am an old fart to I will be 62 this year. What really hits home is when the young guns you have taught how to fly, then advance them into 3D to help advance their skills, with the least amount of carnage, money, and time forget very soon How they got to where they are.
One maneuver, That I have the most trouble with is the rolling harrier Have been getting better. I do have a few that they have not mastered yet. One I enjoying doing that blows them away is the tail touch landing and I am not talking about a Harrier landing I am talking about touching the tail while straight up and down,then transition into your landing with these big birds.
We were out flying yesterday 17 degrees and we could see the freezing rain rolling in form the SE. Today we have about 2" of snow on the ground last night temp was in the single digits the wind chill factor -2 or lower. I put the floats back on the Electric Sport cub and if it gets warm enough going out and fly off the snow

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
No, for the record the apology was needed. I tend to fly off the handle at times. My skills are not were they were years ago either, and I must admit I am an old fart to I will be 62 this year. What really hits home is when the young guns you have taught how to fly, then advance them into 3D to help advance their skills, with the least amount of carnage, money, and time forget very soon How they got to where they are.
One maneuver, That I have the most trouble with is the rolling harrier Have been getting better. I do have a few that they have not mastered yet. One I enjoying doing that blows them away is the tail touch landing and I am not talking about a Harrier landing I am talking about touching the tail while straight up and down,then transition into your landing with these big birds.
We were out flying yesterday 17 degrees and we could see the freezing rain rolling in form the SE. Today we have about 2" of snow on the ground last night temp was in the single digits the wind chill factor -2 or lower. I put the floats back on the Electric Sport cub and if it gets warm enough going out and fly off the snow

Post up in the "I'm going out flying thread" in general discussions! It's a hoot!

OK, so I went with the dle 30 mostly because of the combo price. It's built and ready for maiden. I plan of using lawn boy ashless for break-in. Is that still a good oil for break-in?

flycanic

70cc twin V2
OK, so I went with the dle 30 mostly because of the combo price. It's built and ready for maiden. I plan of using lawn boy ashless for break-in. Is that still a good oil for break-in?
Use it if that trips your trigger some like it some do not. I personally just run the synthetic from day one. The one I like is easy to find (STIHL HP ULTRA) Some love BellRay Some love RED LINE. Ask ten guys and you will get many different answers, and why what they use is best LOL!!! The 30cc DLE's I had were run with the Stihl HP Ultra

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I agree with flycanic. Run synthetic from the get go on a chinamotor. I first used penzoil air cooled in my EME 60 and it carbon fouled and stuck the ring in only 3 or 4 gallons. I have been using the red line @ 32:1 and last time I had the header pulled for maintenance / inspection the piston and ring were shiny!

flycanic

70cc twin V2
here is one of the DLE 30cc engines I converted from a side carb to the rear carb. I took it down to inspect to see what shape it was in, and do the reed block mod for the guy I sold it to. He was amazed how clean it was after 3 years and 20 some gallons of fuel, running Stihl HP Ultra from first start. Doing the reed block mod did make some difference ran smoother and started with one or two flips IMG_2416.JPG IMG_2418.JPG IMG_2421.JPG IMG_2426.JPG