• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Delro 2.5M Raven Build

Wacobipe

100cc
Have you checked the factory set wing incidence against the canopy line?
I just checked that...with the canopy line level the wing has a -1 degree of incidence...and I can't see that being what Delro intended...but this is assuming the canopy line represents the zero incidence line, and I don't think there is any reason it has to. Since you set the incidence of everything on this plane to your liking (firewall, tail, and wing) you can make anything you like be the master for setting incidence.

Jlc

70cc twin V2
I just checked that...with the canopy line level the wing has a -1 degree of incidence...and I can't see that being what Delro intended...but this is assuming the canopy line represents the zero incidence line, and I don't think there is any reason it has to. Since you set the incidence of everything on this plane to your liking (firewall, tail, and wing) you can make anything you like be the master for setting incidence.

Okay. I didn't think the wing incidence would be very easy to change and stay matched up with the molded fuselage.

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
That looks quality! Double bevel the STABS! Easy to do.

Do it! Post pics!

Agreed!

The Delro's and Exclusiv Modelbau stuff was always really nice. I got to check them out pretty well when I worked at DA and always found they had some ingenious ideas on how to do certain things.

Wacobipe

100cc
Agreed!

The Delro's and Exclusiv Modelbau stuff was always really nice. I got to check them out pretty well when I worked at DA and always found they had some ingenious ideas on how to do certain things.
e
I agree Kevin...I am really impressed...and there is no adjusting the wing...but the tail incidence has no reference (and the firewall does not either) so these can be placed anywhere the builder wishes...

Wacobipe

100cc
I have been getting a lot done this holiday season but not posting much, so here is an update - more to come.

The Delro kit has many very nice ideas and one of the ones I really like is the way in which hatches are attached. The hatch shown here is the main Engine bay hatch (this kit has no cowl - the entire nose is molded into the fuse and access to the engine bay is from below through this hatch. Shown here:
IMG_0920.JPG IMG_0921.JPG

Wacobipe

100cc
The cool idea is that Delro provides these little aluminum sleeves that you epoxy into place. These sleeved provide a solid metal surface for the bolts to tighten up against, and provide a very tidy countersink.

Once epoxied in, you simply cut the excess tube off, then sand flush with the surrounding surfaces...a good way I've found to do this without damaging the surrounding surfaces is to mask off the surrounding areas which allows the sanding paper to smooth the high spots without cutting into the surrounding surfaces!

IMG_0919.JPG IMG_0918.JPG IMG_0914.JPG IMG_0917.JPGIMG_0916.JPG IMG_0915.JPG

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Interesting cowling design. So, the engine, etc has to be mounted while working through that opening?

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Nice build so far. I like composite planes. Someday I will pony up and buy one. Until then, I will drool over these build threads