• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Delro 2.5M Raven Build

Wacobipe

100cc
Today I am starting a build thread for a Delro 2.5 Meter Raven...I got a screamin' deal on this airframe from Desert Aircraft (1/2 price!
nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif
) a couple months ago and couldn't pass it up. Even though I've built many kits before (26% Pitts M12 was my last one...thread in scale build area here), this will be my first plane with foam wing cores and composite fuselage...and looking at the kit I feel like I've never built anything before!

This is definitely going to be a HUGE learning curve for me but one that I am really looking forward to. Plan is to glass the wing/tail surface and paint the entire plane (I've never done this either...
ambivalence.png
) Color Scheme I am planning will be based on this one:

color scheme 1.jpg

Last edited:

Wacobipe

100cc
Here are a bunch of pictures of the unboxing...I am way impressed by the quality and detail of the kit! The directions, on the other hand, leave a bit to be desired...a handful of pictures printed on regular paper and stapled together...not a lot to go by. I guess if you have to ask, your're not qualified to build one
shame.png

unboxing (14).JPG unboxing (13).JPG unboxing (15).JPG unboxing (16).JPG unboxing (18).JPG unboxing (17).JPG unboxing (1).JPG unboxing (2).JPG unboxing (5).JPG unboxing (4).JPG unboxing (6).JPG unboxing (7).JPG unboxing (3).JPG unboxing (8).JPG unboxing (9).JPG unboxing (10).JPG unboxing (11).JPG unboxing (12).JPG

Last edited:

Wacobipe

100cc
And the accessories/small parts supplied are all top notch! (see previous post pictures)

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice!

The first fiberglass and foam wing airplane I ever built was a Cosmic Wind. The instructions were on one typed sheet with no pictures. The instructions for building the wing were "Build the wing"

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Love the panel lines already molded in 
encouragement.png
.  But overall it looks like a LOT more work than my Krill....which came with zero instructions BTW.  Looking forward to watching this come together!

SleepyC

150cc
That looks quality! Double bevel the STABS! Easy to do.

I have heard these planes fly amazingly!

Do it! Post pics!

BalsaDust

I will follow along. Watching you build the pitts was well worth it so I figure this will be just as good.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Subd'  ive only seen pictures of this plane, never one on the field. Jealous ! And dig the scheme !