• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA-70 Exhaust

mnfatboy

50cc
Finally got time to fit the large proflow canister. Looks like I'm going to need to shorten the 2 into 1 by 1-5/8" to get everything to fit into the 93" Laser. Does anyone foresee any adverse issues that would arise from shortening it that much?

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
A half inch means a lot with a tuned pipe. You had best mount it on a stand and do some header testing. Even changing a prop on the da 70 brad Egan had to adjust his header length on his da 70.

mnfatboy

50cc
Thanks for the feedback. I've never run canisters before so what your saying is header length with canisters has performance impacts much like tuned pipes?

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Sorry thought you said tuned pipe lol my bad. Here's a good thread on the da 70 with some testing as well. I do know you need a 150cc sized pipe or can with the 70 or it restricts it by a lot of rpm

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
Finally got time to fit the large proflow canister. Looks like I'm going to need to shorten the 2 into 1 by 1-5/8" to get everything to fit into the 93" Laser. Does anyone foresee any adverse issues that would arise from shortening it that much?

Since it is a 2n1 setup you may actually see some issues but unfortunately there really is no way of knowing without running it. When a 2n1 is wrong you can sometimes see transition issues, erratic idle, and loss of power. When I worked at DA we tested the DA100 years ago with a 2n1 and that is what we found.

mnfatboy

50cc
@Kevin-Young thanks for the input. I was able to get it to fit without cutting the pipe down. I cut the tunnel instead...

DA2to1a.jpg DA2to1b.jpg DA2to1c.jpg DA2to1d.jpg

Sorry I have been a sleep here. Very busy these days in the shop. The 2 into 1 set up works great on a Large Pro Flow Canister or our large Smooth Pipe. You will see a little larger gain running 2 pipes as opposed to only 1. Either way the new DA-70 is a good little engine and has sky high potential.

Dave
Do you know whether the Large Pro Flow Canister will fit in the AJ Laser 93?