• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Covering Contest/Pilot 40% 122" Extra 330SC

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Looks good like this too. I would be sick for years after flying with this guy! Almost got sick watching the video LOL
STG3613.jpg

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Anybody post this one yet? I tried to find more pics of it but I haven’t had any luck yet.

View attachment 100964
I like that and would be excellent for visibility. Some of them are hard to find more than one or two pictures. Be nice to see the sides and how they are laid out. I think that scheme could be duplicated easier than some of the others.

It might be difficult to get that fading from heavy orange to the yellow color and silver/white to blue. If you could buy covering with gradients you could reproduce something like that.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I like that and would be excellent for visibility. Some of them are hard to find more than one or two pictures. Be nice to see the sides and how they are laid out. I think that scheme could be duplicated easier than some of the others.

It might be difficult to get that fading from heavy orange to the yellow color and silver/white to blue. If you could buy covering with gradients you could reproduce something like that.
I was thinking that as well. It's a brilliant and bold scheme, but it's not loud and obnoxious. I was thinking the only way to get that color transition would be painting the plane. Or, special covering. I'm having a hard enough time as it is locating the proper colors for the most favorite schemes. All I need is one more challenge to push me over the edge. Lol. Ah, but that challenge is yet to come. Trying...."TRYING" to pick only one scheme from all these beautiful photos everyone has posted. That is going to be very challenging in itself.

Oh wow....tomorrow is the day. Crap...just shoot me now and get it over with. Lol
Suicide.gif

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Although I am not a fan of wingspans over 96", if the EK or Lucas with those pearls were to win, I would have to lose a 91" Extra for one of those. They are not like anything I have seen in the r/c arena.
I really like the pearl metallics, but cannot picture any covering coming very close at all. Hard to duplicate because of the layering that is involved with pearls. Your base coats have a lot to do with the finish look and they look different at different angles of light.