• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Connectors; ESC to Battery. What Are You Using And Why?

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Not sure myself but one thing I read about it the real deal has BAT and DEV molded in the blue plastic housing with EC5 on the other side. Copies have the EC5 but a empty box on the opposite side. Also I see that Progressive RC has their version of the EC5 and it definitely has a different male plug. Theirs is more a bullet looking connector where the others are banana connectors. I am thinking of switching all my stuff out to them. I never used them before but came on my PL8 charger and I really like them.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Not sure myself but one thing I read about it the real deal has BAT and ESC molded in the blue plastic housing. I also see that Progressive RC has their version of the EC5 and it definitely has a different male plug. I am thinking of switching all my stuff out to them. I never used them before but came on my PL8 charger.

I use the ones from buddyrc on all my electric power airplane flight packs (6s batts) and the work great.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I think I am going to start swapping out my Deans connectors for EC5's. Good feedback here from those using them and that is what came on my PL8 charger and I like the fit. I do not see myself going back to any 3 or 4S batteries. All 6S now and most likely a 12S will be in my future.
What I cant wrap[ my head around is the Paraboard. Right now I am using the MPA board from FMA and it's pretty awesome but maybe on the large size. I have been looking at the Paraboard at Buddy RC that has the EC5's right on the board. Anyone using that and can share how it works? For the most part I use a 12" charge extension so my thoughts are to just simply pull off the Deans and replace with the EC5. Anyone looking to buy a MPA board, maybe that can make up my mind? :)

quadracer

100cc
I'm swapping all my 6S packs from Deans to xt150. Gonna need some high current connectors for the 60cc electric.

SnowDog

I've been slowly moving from Deans to Anderson Power Poles...and yeah, there's even a paraboard for that ;)

gyro

GSN Contributor
I think I am going to start swapping out my Deans connectors for EC5's. Good feedback here from those using them and that is what came on my PL8 charger and I like the fit. I do not see myself going back to any 3 or 4S batteries. All 6S now and most likely a 12S will be in my future.
What I cant wrap[ my head around is the Paraboard. Right now I am using the MPA board from FMA and it's pretty awesome but maybe on the large size. I have been looking at the Paraboard at Buddy RC that has the EC5's right on the board. Anyone using that and can share how it works? For the most part I use a 12" charge extension so my thoughts are to just simply pull off the Deans and replace with the EC5. Anyone looking to buy a MPA board, maybe that can make up my mind? :)

Ray, I use the v3 paraboard from buddyrc with 4 EC5 connectors on it to charge all 4 of my 6s3300 at once. Works perfect.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Great maybe I will just go with the PB with the EC5's on it then and sell my MPA. I occasionally charge 6 at a time but most of the time I do 3 at a time.