• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Carnage

I had a little mishap a couple weeks ago.... Planes and trees don't play well together!

20151108_190425.jpg

At least I didn't break the prop! So I promptly ordered a GP Giant Big Stick and a DLE35RA to replace it!

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Always hate adding to this thread :mad:....but a turkey came to roost in my back field on Thanksgiving Day!!! Turns out my 42% Raven is just a bit too big for the flying area here. The left wingtip snagged the very top of a taller tree and yawed it into this one. With a longer ladder and some rope we did manage to get it down without any more damage.

Good news is the fuse was basically undamaged. But both wings, ailerons and one elevator need some repairs. Also, a few servos need some overhauling. I was really lucky it wasn't destroyed.

My "new" winter project :confused:
20151126_105237.jpg

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Always hate adding to this thread :mad:....but a turkey came to roost in my back field on Thanksgiving Day!!! Turns out my 42% Raven is just a bit too big for the flying area here. The left wingtip snagged the very top of a taller tree and yawed it into this one. With a longer ladder and some rope we did manage to get it down without any more damage.

Good news is the fuse was basically undamaged. But both wings, ailerons and one elevator need some repairs. Also, a few servos need some overhauling. I was really lucky it wasn't destroyed.

My "new" winter project :confused:
View attachment 45887
Nice save. My experience with trees is that most of the damage occurs during the retrieval process. The worst is when the tree has to be cut down. It almost never ends well.