• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Carbon Build Up

emtp275

100cc
Have a DLE 30 that has run flawless for over 3 seasons, In the past month it decided to start being a pain in my well you know, I have rebuilt the carb and when i did i noticed that my reed block could deff use the mod, I also pulled the jug and decided to order a bowman ring, my question now is how to remove cabon from the top of the piston its built up pretty good and was wondering what would be the best solvent to break this stuff down and get it clean before i put it back together.

emtp275

100cc
I use STIHL HP which is trusted by a lot of people, not sure of the reason for the build up I know it can come from rich condition but I have used the same plug sense break in and never fouled it so I wouldn't think it would last 3 years if that were the case, maybe crappy gas I always run 93 but one can never tell with the way gas is now.

nebwake

70cc twin V2
If you have a sonic cleaner, toss them in there with a sonic cleaner oil. gets every last bit of carbon off things. I run my rifle and hand gun small carbon fowled parts though mine every couple of months. Beats scraping with a tool that could mar the surface and remove any ceramic coatings.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Id really like to know why this engine built up so much carbon. [MENTION=188]emtp275[/MENTION] flies with me, so I've seen this engine since new. I'll have to defer to emtp what he actually broke engine in on, but it was a synthetic blend 40:1, 2 gals(not sure of brand), and then he switched to Sthil ultra 40:1

This is the only dle30 that I never heard popping. Several others 4-5 dle30's at club pop and burble, including mine, but not this one. It's been a horse, couple months ago she started giving trouble, pulled plug, now get this original DLE plug, perrtiest brown paper bag color you ever saw. Tried new plug,and he been chasing it ever since, found some contaminated fuel (trash all in carb) rebuilt carb, and decided to have a look, and he found
14462=8094-image 1.jpg
14462=8094-image 1.jpg