• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bull Engines BE 124 Twin Review and Testing

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
In response to the great demand and desire from many of you out there curious, I have talked extensively with Frank in regards to a....drum roll please, 70 cc twin. He has agreed to "seriously" consider starting production on one. So, with that being said how many of you would like to see him embark upon this for all us r/c pilots? His suggestion however would be a 75cc twin. Which would all of you like to see? 70 or 75 cc twin?

One of the goals would be to keep the plug caps completely inside the cowls of the 60 to 70cc airframes. So here's your chance... measure up those cowls. Shoot me the dimensions.... and your vote for either. I will pass it on to Frank. His time frame for production will be (2) to (3) months if there is enough interest.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
So if the 75cc twin will fit in cowls with at least 11.5" width's then I would opt for the 75cc if the engine weight is about 4 pounds +or-. I don't mind if the plugs are angled down or strait. It needs to share the same prop bolt spacing and mounting foot print of the DA and EME 70's.
If it turns out it can swing a 26x8 or 26x9 the pleasure will be fine!:)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
So if the 75cc twin will fit in cowls with at least 11.5" width's then I would opt for the 75cc if the engine weight is about 4 pounds +or-. I don't mind if the plugs are angled down or strait. It needs to share the same prop bolt spacing and mounting foot print of the DA and EME 70's.
If it turns out it can swing a 26x8 or 26x9 the pleasure will be fine!:)
Thanks Kelly. I appreciate your input. I will "strongly" suggest the foot print and the prop bolt pattern remain the same as the DA, DLE, EME and like. This to me is a very tremendous advantage to many pilots that want to experiment. My hope is that enough sales from the 62 and the 124 can be generated to warrant Frank taking on this endeavor. We have considered a "pre-order" program. But that is going to be hugely affected on interest.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just a quick update. Conversation with Frank this evening has left me feeling pretty excited. Though he can not and will not promise a release date of the BE 75cc Twin, He did conclude he is definitely going to begin working that direction. So there ya go. The 62's are a pretty sound single. The 124 is a running son of a gun with plenty of power. Next up, the BE 75cc Twin. This should prove to be really exciting to many of you.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
For those interested, my 124 is still running strong with not a single issue. I still believe that if Frank will conduct business in a proper and prudent approach, one day I feel he could really make something of this engine line. Unless the need presents itself I will only be popping in with an occasional update from this point forward. Thank you to everyone that has been following along this thread and added to the interest and their comments of the BE line.

Also I want to thank those that took advantage of Franks incentive purchase program. Though I doubt the requirement for service will arise, Agape Racing and Hobby is an authorized service center for the BE engine line.
http://www.agaperacingandhobby.com/
Also Mike with Mile High has also extended his gracious offer to be available for any assistance if any of you should require it. Mike is an awesome guy and I am very confident he will handle any situation with tact and poise.
http://www.milehighrc.com/

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Same here, looking forward to testing the BE62. I'm pulling the 3rd eme55 off the Edge,an bolting the 62 on her, at just over 16lbs she should be just a tad over powered, just how I like em.

From what I seen so far right on par with the other "over powered engines". Saw an EF 104 get thrown around with the 124 on SM and I was impressed. Saw the 62 and it too looks impressive. Success with your Edge Donnie :attaboy:.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
From what I seen so far right on par with the other "over powered engines". Saw an EF 104 get thrown around with the 124 on SM and I was impressed. Saw the 62 and it too looks impressive. Success with your Edge Donnie :attaboy:.
There is a vid out there with EF 104 powered by 124,an I must say impressive it is, I'd go as far as to say BADAZZ. I haven't seen much on the 62, found couple with 87" extra,an it looked like it pulled it well.