• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Build log - RedwingRC EXTRA 330sc profile

Kinda bombed on the build thread!!!....but the following posts are some pics of the finished plane, minus a couple of finishing details

Here...the phenolic rudder control horn just snapped off during preliminary testing of the rudder(scratching head....hmmmm). Pic of the fast fix.

Wow thats odd and scary quality!

Engine, ignition and 4titude 8oz fuel tank mounted.

If you notice in the pics...It killed me to add some nose weight(dead weight) to achieve the approximate CG balance. I'm really hoping after a flight or 2 I feel the need to remove it!!

If its anything like my Aerobeez Extra profile you will be taking the lead off. I had to add a lot to mine to get within the manual's CG range for the first flights. I even bought a brass nut for my DLE20.

Well I have all the weight off the nose, a RW 30CC tailwheel added, and 1/4 oz of lead on the tail.

Keep up the review I am interested in this plane as a back-up if its solid. This plane looks very similar to my AB Extra profile. It will match my new 30CC blue extra perfect! I hope they add white strips to the bottom of the wings on the new batch.

How is the covering quality as my Aerobeez covering is low quality? The clear top coat is seperating from the color in a few areas. Only option is clear tape to fix it as it won't take heat.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
If its anything like my Aerobeez Extra profile you will be taking the lead off. I had to add a lot to mine to get within the manual's CG range for the first flights. I even bought a brass nut for my DLE20.

Well I have all the weight off the nose, a RW 30CC tailwheel added, and 1/4 oz of lead on the tail.

Keep up the review I am interested in this plane as a back-up if its solid. This plane looks very similar to my AB Extra profile. It will match my new 30CC blue extra perfect! I hope they add white strips to the bottom of the wings on the new batch.

How is the covering quality as my Aerobeez covering is low quality? The clear top coat is seperating from the color in a few areas. Only option is clear tape to fix it as it won't take heat.

The covering seems to be good so far,No clear peeling as of yet. Looks like oracover to me.

Maiden this weekend at the Kennett, MO. 3D Bash...yipee!!!

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Well....not due to any issues with the plane itself, the profile didn't make it thru the maiden flight. Had a receiver lockout/brownout with a total loss of control. She did the dreaded death spiral right into the ground. Total loss on the airframe:( Well I have one good wing lol

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Normally I use my 10X on planes, but used my DX7 with ar7000. First time I have ever had any issues with lockout/brownouts.

Normally I use my 10X on planes, but used my DX7 with ar7000. First time I have ever had any issues with lockout/brownouts.

Oh sorry to hear that!! I still have a DX7 which was a solid radio but I mainly use my DX9 now. Maybe a bad battery or switch???

With that said thanks for the updates. I may have to order one when the next shipment comes in. It will match my 76" extra 330.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Not sure....I use the DX7 all the time and never had any trouble out of the Fromeco transformer pack or switch. I think it was just some kinda fluke think with the rx.