• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

REDUCED! BME102, freshly rebuilt by Tom at BME $445

les2097

50cc
Bart,

Don't wire it up and test for spark without first grounding the cutoff plug braid wires to the engine... you'll blow the Hall effect sensor...!!

I know this from experience... The caps have to be fixed as I said ... !! I too was interested in the engine... and when I saw your pics... the caps and the mufflers ... I am a bit less interested... Looks like the one muffler pipe was welded back on by someone who has an issue welding aluminum...

Thanks for GSN ... and I've used your computer power supply knowledge many times....!!
cleardot.gif

Larry

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
the pipe was probably bent and then cracked as it was being bent back but it's solid even though the weld isn't the prettiest.

i'm really surprised that Tom would have missed the plug grounding wires.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I heard from Tom and he seemed to think if the wires weren't there then they weren't necessary but then I also spoke to a gentleman at C&H and he said that, based on the total wires coming from the modules, the grounding wires were necessary.

So the plan now is to send the ignition module to C&H for replacement of the coils, wires, and caps ($50 total) and to then find an airframe for the f'in engine as there's no way I"ll ever recover the $600 I'll have in it by selling it!

(probably) not for sale!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
CH dual ignition module is on its way back home from CH with fresh wires and spark plug caps....all in perfect working order.

Engine is still for sale at $445 plus $25 shipping. Where else will you find a bull of a 102cc engine with a fresh overhaul and a fresh ignition inspection to verify everything is ready to go for $445??? Why do I still have this engine??

Was sent to BME by previous owner for inspection before I would buy it, Tom said go for it and then replaced the bearings and rings for me. "Good as new" was how he described it when he was done. Bought it for a 37% BME Ultimate but the project didn't happen so I never ran the engine.

Comes with ignition and stock mufflers. One pipe on one muffler must have been bent and then bent back which probably cracked it so it's been welded at the base.

edit: ignition was sent to CH for inspection and was found to be working normally. ignition wires and spark plug caps were replaced and it's on its way back home.

I'll post pics later today.

$445 plus $25 insured shipping in the US

Bart

Hi Bart
question could you tell me how wide the engine is want to make sure it will fit in my cowl

Thanks

Mike

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Hi Mike,

I got your PC, total with shipping is $470 and I can send a measurement for you Thursday or Friday. Make an offer and I'll have it in the mail by Saturday!

I might have a home for this engine. Building a 35% Hostetler Pitts S-1-11B.

Not that it is that important but could you please post or send me a couple of photos ?

Thanks.