• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

BlueBird HB 50B servos

Definitely good intel, Burger boy. :)

Will see how the new servo does on my Corvus with the RCGF on Monday. I get 1/2 gallon thrun that new 120, and Im gonna lean on it and rip up the sky. Hoping it doesnt react the way you describe. Were you airborn or on the ground??

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Definitely good intel, Burger boy. :)

Will see how the new servo does on my Corvus with the RCGF on Monday. I get 1/2 gallon thrun that new 120, and Im gonna lean on it and rip up the sky. Hoping it doesnt react the way you describe. Were you airborn or on the ground??

On the ground after I flew it three times! Thought it might have been a boner servo but I plugged 3 other new servos in the six slot and they did the same thing in the shop. Got my trusty Fluke and found it was a receiver signal voltage issue on port 6 only.

Best with your new 120 and "again" flying Corvus! Looking forward to your experience with it.

Just a "heads up". This is probably more related to Futaba users but I imagine some others as well. I had the signal voltage on port/channel 6 drop to below 3 volts on an older 6014FS and the H50B that was plugged in freaked out and operated very erratic. I swapped to a newer 6014HS and operated all 5 servos in the normal and HS mode. Works great. The signal voltage was 4 volts on all 14 channels. I am considering going back to a Smart Fly board because they boost signal voltage to about 5.5 volts. Bottom line......Those who may use these servos in 35 cent and 42 cent air frames where servo extensions are quite long check to see that signal voltage is adequate (4volts or better).
Thanks for the heads up. With the batts I'll be using, I wont allow the voltage to drop below 6.2.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I smell a little work in the shop tonite.

NEED PICTURES.......

homersimpson.jpg

I got 3 mins of flight time on my Corvus. Rudder servo did great for those 3 mins, the new engine....... Not so much. It has been removed and will be sent back to the service center for some service. Hope for it to be back in 2 weeks.

My servo was mailed today, along with a few other things to complete setting up this plane. Good times! In the meantime, I'm building my Escapade MX 30cc. God I hate building.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I got 3 mins of flight time on my Corvus. Rudder servo did great for those 3 mins, the new engine....... Not so much. It has been removed and will be sent back to the service center for some service. Hope for it to be back in 2 weeks.

I take it the Corvus is ok. Sorry to hear the engine issue. What problem did you have with it?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@49dimes can you explane please the signal voltage. How is it checked. Is it across the signal wire and the ground wire to the servo. And what should it be. Thanks. Does it change as the radio input is changed to the servo. ?