• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bill Hempel Yak 55

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Oh No! I had the same problem with my DA100, and thought for sure it would fit your 3W.
No worries. I’ll take it back.
@WMcNabb,
I REALLY appreciate that, my friend. I will put it back in the mail to you tomorrow. Please send me your address. You can either start a conversation or you can email it to me at hrrcflyer@hotmail.com.

Thanks Buddy, you're awesome. . . . . :way_to_go:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Dang it Kelly,

Here I am getting ready to got to bed you post that picture. That's not something anyone should see right before bedtime. . . . . . .:nightmare:

Hope you had sweet dreams of flying machines.....And tramp stamp wings :love:…..:laughing:

That is just painful. That should not be allowed to walk the streets.

:oops: Sorry...Thought that was a "stamp" of approval on it's back side o_O.

Hopefully you can return those for a full refund.

Yea...I liked the string bikini much better anyway :banana-dance:.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!

was just shopping for a switch myself and there are a lot of threads out there about Miracle Switches that have failed and caused crashes.

Back to the old faithful MPI switches for me
http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-4.html

3170e_t.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
was just shopping for a switch myself and there are a lot of threads out there about Miracle Switches that have failed and caused crashes.

Back to the old faithful MPI switches for me
http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-4.html

3170e_t.jpg

Tanks @Bartman,

Now that you mention it, I remember reading about problems with the Miracle switches as well. Unflortunately, the MPI switch with charge jacks are only rated for 6.0 volts and it is not large enough to fill the hole in the fuselage. I'd also like to find a double switch / charging jacks if I can since I'm lazy. . . . . :laughing:.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Tanks @Bartman,

Now that you mention it, I remember reading about problems with the Miracle switches as well. Unflortunately, the MPI switch with charge jacks are only rated for 6.0 volts and it is not large enough to fill the hole in the fuselage. I'd also like to find a double switch / charging jacks if I can since I'm lazy. . . . . :laughing:.

I'm actually going to avoid the toggle type switches after reading a bunch of comments about them not being suitable for the vibrations of an RC plane. I'd be surprised if those MPI switches aren't good for 7.4 volts since it's more the amps that limit electrical devices and higher volts will result in fewer amps being run through everything. I'll look into it. Those MPI switches have a pretty garden variety electrical sliding switch in them and the specs for them should be easy enough to find at mouser.com or somewhere. The double toggle switch assemblies look great but if they have a chance of wrecking the plane then I'm inclined to go in a different direction. It is bad enough that my flying wrecks a lot of my airplanes!

Last edited:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Tanks @Bartman,

Just canceled the two MPI switches I ordered this morning. hmmmmmm:ugh!::ugh!::ugh!: