• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bill Hempel Yak 55

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I would just fill the holes in with balsa or light ply and cover them over. That way you can put your gear the way you want and like.

No matter how "Complete" the plane you get: there is always something that gets your modeling skills involved :yesss:.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I would just fill the holes in with balsa or light ply and cover them over. That way you can put your gear the way you want and like.

No matter how "Complete" the plane you get: there is always something that gets your modeling skills involved :yesss:.
Yeah Kelly, I know. Fixing the holes should be enough.

I agree with dimes, fill that puppy in then a switch as small as a http://www.boomarc.com/en/hidden-balance-switch-with-pin-flag and be on your way...
Hey Robert, funny you should post that link. I was on the Booma RC website last night and I saw that, but somewhere before, I saw one for two switches and I didn't see it on the website last night.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well Fellas,

I got a few goodies for my Yak on Monday. First off, I got a receiver and an extra from a gentleman on RCG.
Receivers.jpg

Also, I got my servo arms & servo tray from SWB. Do you guys see what I see? I did not realize a turnbuckle wrench came with the Pull Pull hardware, that's why you see the second one. This is all good since I have a bad habit of losing things. . . . . :face-palm:.

SWB Stuff.jpg

Last, but not least a box that @WMcNabb sent me showed up too. . . . . . . :dancing-chicken:.

Prop & Spinner.jpg

I don't think my old 3Dub will have any problem spinning that thing. Sitting here thinking, I may have a problem. I will be right back after I check something.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Dang it, Dang it, Dang it. I had a sick feeling I screwed up last week and as my luck would have it, I was right for a change. . . . . . . . . :face-palm:. Some of you guys can probably guess where I'm going with this? While 3W and DA both use six bolt prop hubs on their twins, the bolt diameter is not the same. I had a sick feeling because my flying Buddy told me this a few years ago when he took the DA100 out of his Carden and put the 3W110CS in it. Oh well, looks like I won't be using the prop after all. . . . . . :frown:.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Dang it, Dang it, Dang it. I had a sick feeling I screwed up last week and as my luck would have it, I was right for a change. . . . . . . . . :face-palm:. Some of you guys can probably guess where I'm going with this? While 3W and DA both use six bolt prop hubs on their twins, the bolt diameter is not the same. I had a sick feeling because my flying Buddy told me this a few years ago when he took the DA100 out of his Carden and put the 3W110CS in it. Oh well, looks like I won't be using the prop after all. . . . . . :frown:.
Ugh. Damn the luck. :(

WMcNabb

150cc

Oh No! I had the same problem with my DA100, and thought for sure it would fit your 3W.
No worries. I’ll take it back.

Attachments

• A56ADE51-2872-4D23-BFFE-ED6809982FF1.jpeg
    A56ADE51-2872-4D23-BFFE-ED6809982FF1.jpeg
    794.3 KB · Views: 443

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Oh No! I had the same problem with my DA100, and thought for sure it would fit your 3W.
No worries. I’ll take it back.
Hey Wade,
That's interesting. I thought it fit your Da as well. Was the bolt circle too small or too large for the DA? Makes me wonder what engine it was drilled for.

It's ALWAYS something :face-palm:

Don't ya just hate it when things don't fit?

View attachment 109297
Dang it Kelly,

Here I am getting ready to got to bed you post that picture. That's not something anyone should see right before bedtime. . . . . . .:nightmare: