• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bavarian Demon Cortex

I put one in an EF 48 extra - it is a great get a quick flight in at lunch plane.

I'm planning on putting one in my new 3dhs 75 extra as well. It makes the plane fly so much bigger and the wind doesn't affect you any where near as much.

Definitely worth the money.

Royster

New to GSN!
Tried a Cortex in a 40e Mustang but couldn't get it to work properly. When turned on in flight it dips down and ailerons need a trim. I tried setting the Cortex with the plane/gyro level rather than sitting on its tail wheel but made no difference. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

I have one setup in a 73" Pilot RC Yak and its awesome. :thumbup:

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Fly and trim the plane before you initialize the Cortex. Then put you radio to the highest throw setting you will be using. Then put the jumper cable in and initialize (Setting the plane level has nothing to do with it).

Royster

New to GSN!
Thanks for the info!

Next question is how do you connect the cortex to a pc? There is no mention of it in the manual other than it comes with the supplied USB cable. I gather it needs power?

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the info!

Next question is how do you connect the cortex to a pc? There is no mention of it in the manual other than it comes with the supplied USB cable. I gather it needs power?

Download the software, then connect the cable to the bind port and then power it up, the software should then recognize it.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
You can program it prior to installation. But you still need to power it up with a battery. Either a 2 cell lipo or a BEC will be needed.