• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bavarian Demon Cortex

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Got to try it again toady real quick and it still fights me @ a gain of 25 and expo @ 5. Going to turn it down to 15 see what happens. Theres got to be a sweet spot. How much DR should I run with you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
I not sure why it's taking so long or why you don't immediately love it. I've always used low rate expo of 10% and high rate expo of 25%, pretty much works on all my planes. I used a Cortex in 7 different airframes and it's pretty much the same setup every time. I never feel it fighting me, most everyone says the Cortex is completely transparent, you don't even know its on other than how great the plane is flying.

I would say spend some time with the plane, getting it dialed in exactly how you like it and then go about the gyro setup. I took me a good 15 flights to get the 70 Slick setup the way I like it. Then only a couple of flights to dial in the gyro.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
It's all good now bud. I zeroed out everything and started fresh and it works like a charm. Go figure... Just got done flying it on the new settings and it working great. Now I can dial it in proper and have some fun. Your right I noticed immediately the difference in how stable it is and precision is an understatement. You can thread a needle with this thing. Should do wonders for that MXSR.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
It's all good now bud. I zeroed out everything and started fresh and it works like a charm. Go figure... Just got done flying it on the new settings and it working great. Now I can dial it in proper and have some fun. Your right I noticed immediately the difference in how stable it is and precision is an understatement. You can thread a needle with this thing. Should do wonders for that MXSR.

Love your description of the precision, so true! Try some snap rolls, you'll feel like an IMAC champion they way it stops on a dime.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Did a few Pop Tops and it stopped just like you say, and when I say precision I mean inverted and knife edge as well bro. Cant wait to get all my DR and expo sorted out. I be a happy boy.:ecstatic: