• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bavarian Demon Cortex

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks....and worth every penny.. It brings super sized fun to any of your planes...As soon as I get the 92" Edge trimmed and sorted out I may give it a go on the gasser.

I think I'll be installing one in my Aeroplus 92" Edge later this evening :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
How do they work on gassers? Don't gyros generally hate vibrations?

I think that is a big chunk of what you're paying for with a Cortex... the advanced algorithms that can filter out the vibrations (plus the foam mounting pad)

Fast3D

50cc
I think that is a big chunk of what you're paying for with a Cortex... the advanced algorithms that can filter out the vibrations (plus the foam mounting pad)

basic question: is it ok to use velcro instead of the foam sticky mounting pad that comes with the cortex? so you can move it from plane to plane using the velcro

gyro

GSN Contributor
basic question: is it ok to use velcro instead of the foam sticky mounting pad that comes with the cortex? so you can move it from plane to plane using the velcro

Yes, however 3M dual lock is the recommended material I believe.

3drcparts sells a cool harness that allows you to move it without changing all the wires each time.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
i use 3M VHB tape. have it on 3 seperate planes now and works perfect. it is a clear jelly type double sided tape. i have no used velcro, but i would be a bit weary.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
The Dual Lock seems to work for me, it so strong I can barely remove the Cortex without cracking the wood it's attached to.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
i use 3M VHB tape. have it on 3 seperate planes now and works perfect. it is a clear jelly type double sided tape. i have no used velcro, but i would be a bit weary.

Is this reusable tape? Or do you replace it every time you switch it? If so is it easy to replace? More info PLEASE :) :) :)

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Is this reusable tape? Or do you replace it every time you switch it? If so is it easy to replace? More info PLEASE :) :) :)

i wouldnt call it reusable, but if the dual lock velcro takes wood off when you try to remove it then i wouldnt say it is removable either :D

It is very easy to replace, but I have only had to do it once. I dont swap my cortecies between planes.

this is the stuff. i found it at my local home depot, upon recommendation from Danny from demonaero.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Heavy-Duty-Mounting-Clear/dp/B00HD29S42