• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bavarian Demon Cortex

Yowzilla

50cc
I use this stuff and grades of it in different industrial products. The VHB stands for Very High Bond. Grades of this actually hold sheets of aluminum together in full size planes and U Haul type trailers. When this stuff is applied correctly the foam layer rips before the adhesive breaks free. One of the 3M sales reps had a 2x2 cm of this stuff between two ribbons of mylar and would challenge the young engineers to rip them apart. No one ever could. A thin version holds the glass of iPads and cell phones to the frame of the devices. The engineering world thinks of it as the new duct tape. Now we need a new WD40 for the stuff we don't want to bond together.....

Last edited by a moderator:

brunkbird

New to GSN!
So what is the recommended mounting system for moving the cortex between planes? Thin velcro, tape, a plywood plate? I haves few of the 3drcparts looms but not sure of the correct mounting method.
Suggestions?

willig10

New to GSN!
Hi all: I just purchased a demon cortex and am using a futaba 14sg with a 14 channel receiver. Do by chance any of you have pictures and setup instructions for a futaba setup? Thanks in advance

Glenn

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hi all: I just purchased a demon cortex and am using a futaba 14sg with a 14 channel receiver. Do by chance any of you have pictures and setup instructions for a futaba setup? Thanks in advance

Glenn

Should be straight forward: unplug existing aileron/rudder/elevator and then out them in the cortex. Using the color code chart, put the corresponding color into your rx. Easy-peasy

AKfreak

150cc

Glenn

Its the same as the post on RCG ;) Radio really doesn't matter, as they are all the same. The cheat sheet tells you everything. It really is super easy to set one up. If you run into any problems, you will find help here.

A word of caution, make sure your throws are at least 100%, and your dual rates are turned off when you teach the throws (per the cheat sheet/quick guide).

willig10

New to GSN!
Ok thanks, I was hoping to get some programming info for assigning the switch and be able to adjust the gains on the fly. I will try to figure it out once I get the gyro.

Appreciate it.

Glenn

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Willig 10,
I don't own that radio. But it sounds like what you really need is help from someone who knows the radio well, not really someone who knows the Cortex. Try finding a thread here or elsewhere on that specific radio, tell them what you are doing, and ask them how to set up a gyro (any gyro) on a 3 position switch to allow switching between two banks and a thord position for off. Also ask how to assign the gyro to an Aux channel so that you can adjust the endpoints. Also ask how to adjust the endpoints on the fly so that you can tweak it just right.

AKfreak

150cc
Ok thanks, I was hoping to get some programming info for assigning the switch and be able to adjust the gains on the fly. I will try to figure it out once I get the gyro.

Appreciate it.

Glenn

You can use the Flap switch, that is a -100 Zero +100 switch(3 position switch). Look at your monitor screen and count down to determine what channel it is. Maybe CH 6, then hook that to the AUX wire.

Then all you do is go to your endpoints and dial them down. Bank 1 is +100 (switch top pos.) Zero is off (middle switch position) and Bank 2 = -100 (bottom switch position)

As to adjusting them on the fly, you could use a slider, however as I think that would be a bad idea. I would tune gain for specific model and leave it.

All radio are basically the same, they just have different names forth same stuff. Ill grab the manual online and peek at it for you if you like. Hey if you send me your number via a PM, I will call you and walk you though it. I promise, its super easy. AKf

willig10

New to GSN!
Yellow Jackets:
Thanks

AK FREAK:
my e-mail is willig10@yahoo.com I am working nights currently and out of town. I dont have the gyro yet as it is enroute. e-mail me and I will give you my number and best time to call.

Thanks

Glenn