• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bavarian Demon Cortex

arkie

30cc
not yet, I'm going to look into it as I have a 3M account. I really like the 2" width stuff, but I'm pretty sure they only sell that in rolls of 100 yards. but for all my friends here at 3drcforums, if you buy a wire loom and ask me, I will throw in enough to do a couple planes from my personal stash

Great, I will order today. Now do I get two or three looms??? Decisions, decisions....... Also do you have any of the thick gyro mounting pads, I will buy one from you if you have them. I looked on your site and didn't see them.

Last edited by a moderator:

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
i believe i was told by danny (bavariandemon usa) to not use the thick pad at all, even on the gassers. i sold a few planes that had my demon in it, so i had to switch planes and buy new tape. per dannys recommendation, i bought 3m clear vhb at my local homedepot. pretty cheap stuff

arkie

30cc
[MENTION=807]rcbirk21[/MENTION]
i believe i was told by danny (bavariandemon usa) to not use the thick pad at all, even on the gassers. i sold a few planes that had my demon in it, so i had to switch planes and buy new tape. per dannys recommendation, i bought 3m clear vhb at my local homedepot. pretty cheap stuff

Thanks, is it the 3M 4010 (pictured below)? You use it in place of the foam mount tape that comes with the Cortex?

81SoVWuUbFL._SY450_.jpg

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
i believe that is it. if you go to the store, the stuff that is held on to the sticky side that you peel off has "vhb" on it

arkie

30cc
[MENTION=51]3drcparts.com[/MENTION]
I just sent you an order for three of the Cortex looms. Looking forward to using in more than one plane.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gave the little 48" Edge with the Cortex in it to [MENTION=1102]CrashTech[/MENTION] to fly on a very windy day here in Texas about 15 minutes ago.... He hasn't stopped smiling yet

Yup. Very surprised. Can't believe the gyro made that little 48" edge out fly my 71" slick.:what: You dont have to fight the wind in maneuvers, you point it and it goes. It smooths things out also. A definite must have for the smaller airframes.:thumbup: