• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bavarian Demon Cortex

I am trying to decide whethrper or not to get one of these for my 48" Laser or a new airframe... Gah! Decisions, Decisions...

[MENTION=2393]YellowJacketsRC[/MENTION] does the package you are selling for $349 come with? I am assuming cables you need to connect it to the plane and the home computer? What is the little jack on the side for, it is white and kind of looks like the type of female connector that Spektrum uses for satelite rxs. I run the DX8, is it easy to program with that TX?

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Hi HuckinHavoc

It comes with everything you need to install in your planes, connect to your computer to adjust, and fly!

The white thing on the side is for connection to the computer. All you need is in there!

Thanks for the response. I found an online copy of the manual and was reading through it. It mentioned that the plane needed to be set up with your intended mixes before installing the gyro, does this mean that once you install the gyro you need to recalibrate it if you decide to change a mix?

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Install the gyro and initialize it. Be sure that you have dual rates set up so that when you initialize it the servos are moving to the maximum position they will ever move while in flight. Check to make sure axis is responding properly ie if you roll plane left, the servos automatically deploy right aileron. You nose plane down and up elevator is given. You yaw left and right rudder is given.

Set the Cortex up on a 3 way switch such that you can switch between normal mode, hold mode, and OFF!

Fly the plane with gyro off and set all mixes. Then turn gyro on and fly.

If you decide to change mixes, turn gyro off to do so, then turn back on and fly.