• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bavarian Demon Cortex

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
yeah, just as a general rule, it doesnt hurt to re-do the programming sequence. takes all of 10 seconds, and if anything is acting funny, that usually fixes it

gyro

GSN Contributor
Been giving "pony rides" today on my 72 Extra with the Cortex, and everyone loves it.

Me thinks there are going to be a few sold online his weekend.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Just finished a session with Rob flying his EF 64 MXS with Cortex! Wow. I'm not what you would consider a gyro advocate but, well, um, as we say up in The Boston area when we want to complement something- it don't suck! Really fun. He had an off, mid and hi resolution set and I flew with low, what he called "normal 3d" (I'd say mid plus) and "insane" rates. First, gonna get an MXS! Second, the Cortex will easily make your experience better, it will stabilize your lines and make your plane feel a full class larger in the sky. It will make you ane feel a little more like a sim, dampening out the little corrections so you can concentrate on the maneuver you are learning. It will not take away any maneuverability and will let you perform insane XA. The only thing I noticed was some slight "hunting during KE in a gusty breeze.
Like I said, I'm not a gyro advocate but this one was a very enjoyable pull. Thanks a million Rob. If you are considering a gyro, this one is tiny, light, easy to operate and was a pleasure to fly.

jonesjj

New to GSN!
Flew the 57" 3Dhs Extra 300 today with the Cortex and it is LOCKED IN! I have 4 of my planes now with the Cortex really like how it works in my 107" decathlon with 55CC eng in it, that is set up as my Tow plane, I am really liking the Cortex. Just order up 4 more of them and they will go in my GS Warbirds all with gas eng 55cc to 85cc eng.

Got 2 guys from the flying field today after seeing the little 300 fly ( in 12+mph winds ) convinced of it and they will be getting some also, I showed them how set up is a Snap and it just Works, default settings are just about right, I do go in the PC and change the servo setting to digital though as I run digital servos.

CORTEX ROCKS!

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Daren,
I REALLY ENJOYED our afternoon together. It's great how people who have never met before can just show up behind a school and have a grand time flying and talking;)

Anyone else that makes it to the Myrtle Beach area are welcome to give me a shout!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Daren,
I REALLY ENJOYED our afternoon together. It's great how people who have never met before can just show up behind a school and have a grand time flying and talking;)

Anyone else that makes it to the Myrtle Beach area are welcome to give me a shout!

It was a really enjoyable couple hours Rob. I hope in my travels I can have more meet greet n fly with other forum friends.
Thanks.

gyro

GSN Contributor
[MENTION=87]FlyingFrankie[/MENTION], [MENTION=418]GravitySux[/MENTION] and his son Will, [MENTION=165]Twistedgrim[/MENTION] all took turns flying the Cortex in my 72 today. Couldn't tell who like it more, Herb or Lil' Will :)

Herb, this is thread if you've got any more questions about the Cortex

It was pretty fun to try it as I have seen people play with them lately. Im not much of a plane gyro guy, but do lots of helis with FCS. Was cool to see where technology was going.