• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Batteries: Which Lithium Chemistry and How Are You Charging?

Yeah I'm going to go Pulse or Glacier.

Do you wrap them completely in 1/2" foam or just a piece between the fuse body and the battery with straps?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thunder Power Magna series would be my choice. Can charge up to 12c so you can be flying again in less than 10 minutes!! (for a 2700 pack that's 32 amps!!)

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Yeah I'm going to go Pulse or Glacier.

Do you wrap them completely in 1/2" foam or just a piece between the fuse body and the battery with straps?
Ben I don't use foam on my batteries, just velcro them in and strap, again STRAP them down. I've not only heard horror stories of folks ejecting batteries, it happened to me not to long ago

Attachments

• 20150321_121656.jpg
    20150321_121656.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 20150321_121701.jpg
    20150321_121701.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 281

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
I have a small foam pad velcro'd to fuse then I velcro the batt to the foam pad and then run two velcro straps. Probably overkill for the little batts I run. Especially since I forgot to strap them in one flight and they didn't move. But better safe then sorry. Saw a guy eject 2 6s 5000mah packs a couple months ago.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Personally I use a product called Zeal Gel under my packs. Lipo are among the most fragile cells and this stuff is tops at isolating vibration. It weighs very little so why not use it?? I use velcro between the gel pad and the packs so I an remove them and put a velcro strap around to hold everything nice a snug.

http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/kyosho-zeal-vibration-absorption-gyro-reciever-mounting-gel-1-sheet-kyoz8006/p19713

I think I'm going to have to try that!! I usually do the Velcro on the fuse and battery with a Velcro strap over all, put that stuff looks cool.

Also like the idea of using it to mount Rx's too. ;)

Judge

70cc twin V2
I started using it when I was flying Nitro helis. Been using it ever since. It is fantastic at isolating vibration from electronics. I use it under the gyro sensor on all my helis too!! Many heli shops will carry it and you can get it from Amazon as well (what a surprise!!)