Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Tseres, Sep 4, 2014.

1. I'm going to be the supervisor!:banana-dance:

Tseres likes this.
  2. Finished the plumbing this morning. Then I found out that I put the rear stripe in the wrong place so I had to fix it. Then I sat down and figured out how to use the awl. Did an OK Job. I'll get better as I do more. The pilot is to tall in the cockpit so I'll have to cut him down to size.

IMG_2125.JPG IMG_2126.JPG IMG_2127.jpg IMG_2128.jpg IMG_2129.JPG IMG_2130.JPG IMG_2131.JPG IMG_2132.jpg IMG_2133.JPG IMG_2134.JPG

3. Nice stiches! I should have let you do my back surgery!:eek: Maybe when you get more practice.:p

Tseres, Jetpainter and pawnshopmike like this.
  4. Not much done but there isn't much left to do :) painted the stripe on the wheels and cut the pilot down to size. Now he looks even better in the cockpit. :)

IMG_2135.jpg IMG_2136.JPG IMG_2137.JPG IMG_2138.JPG IMG_2139.JPG IMG_2140.JPG IMG_2141.JPG IMG_2142.JPG

pawnshopmike, WMcNabb and Jetpainter like this.
  5. Looks really good Tom!

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

6. Spent the morning finishing up the plane. Glued the pilot, guns and the gun sight in. Mounted the wheels and balanced the prop. It didn't need it. This is the first wooden prop that I ever had that didn't need balancing. Made up some ruber exhaust Extensions. Then just as I was getting ready to assemble the plane to take it outside to fire it up the Stencils showed up. So I started painting again. Had to stop and pick up a new sliding door for the back of the house. It will be installed Friday. So I worked late and finished up the painting. All thats left is balancing the plane . Looks like Maiden on Saturday in Muncie. :)
    IMG_2143.JPG IMG_2144.JPG IMG_2145.JPG IMG_2146.JPG IMG_2147.JPG IMG_2148.JPG IMG_2149.JPG IMG_2150.JPG IMG_2151.JPG IMG_2152.JPG IMG_2153.JPG

7. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Nice!

8. Cool! Wish I could be there for the maiden. :first_place: Nice job!

Tseres likes this.
  9. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

+1 to those comments. . . . . :yesss:

10. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    That is one good looking Sopwith Camel!