• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Balsa USA Camel F1

Tseres

150cc
I'm in painting mode but don't have stencils. So I started hooking up the tail servos and installed the bracing wires on the tail. Found 2 problems along the way. The Ruder warped and it's real flexible.I'll have to un cover it and check it out. Hope I don't have to make a new one. The other problem is with clearance for the muffler. THere isn't enough. I'll have to decide what to do with that after I fix the ruder.
I hooked up my Futaba receiver so I could start setting up the servos in the transmitter. That's when I realized that I still had to cut holes for the switches in the Cockpit. So I decided to work on it.

IMG_2049.JPG
IMG_2050.JPG
IMG_2052.jpg
IMG_2053.JPG
IMG_2054.jpg
IMG_2055.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Had to get some pinstriping tape so I could paint the tail. Wish I had it for the other stripes. Lot less bleeding around the Edge. Got the stripes on and the Engine painted. This is my first time trying to weather the Engine. Not to bad.
I can tell by how bright the stripes look that I'll have to get the plane dirty. LOL.

View attachment 53778 View attachment 53779 View attachment 53780 View attachment 53781 View attachment 53782 View attachment 53783 View attachment 53784

Freaking amazing! That radial looks badass!

Tseres

150cc
I finished up the Cockpit this morning. I printed of a picture from the net and covered it with box tape then glued it on with CA. The rubber hose that comes with the kit for the combing. I glued it on with weather sealant adhesive. I don't recommend this cause I made a mess. There will be touching up going on if I cant cover it with some leather like the real boys. I just don't know where to get the material from. Anyone have any IDEAs besides cutting up my leather gloves. :) The pilot is not glued in yet. It will be the last to get installed.
Now back to the Ruder. :(
IMG_2056.JPG
IMG_2057.JPG
IMG_2058.JPG
IMG_2059.JPG