• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Assembly: EF 110" Yak-54 V2

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I don't use power distribution, just a 6014 receiver. But I'm a pretty mild flyer so a lot less demand on my setup.

Joe Hunt

150cc
I don't use power distribution, just a 6014 receiver. But I'm a pretty mild flyer so a lot less demand on my setup.

The 6014 is pretty bullet proof. But, I do like the idea of no bottleneck or failure point by eliminating the switch(es). :)

yakken

100cc
My brother just put a 35% together with just a wolverine switch and 6014. So far so good.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Joe Hunt

150cc
My brother just put a 35% together with just a wolverine switch and 6014. So far so good.

Yeah, works for me. I think you can safely use just a 6014 on a 40%, too. Wolverine switch or two badger switches would be the ticket as they carry more throughput than most all other heavy duty switches. I do like having an electronic switch, though... not that you need one.

An interesting thing about this little SmartFly Micro is that it has two channels with two servo ports each, and the rest of the channels have a single servo port. Meaning you could come up with an easy setup for using a MultiPlex Wingstabi Gyro for hands-off torque rolling. :sneaky:

yakken

100cc
Between me and my brother we have about every setup. Micro expander,eq10,power expander pro,6014 and wolverine switch. We dont run dual rx's on anything yet.lol

yakken

100cc
I was thinking to just use a 6014 receiver, without any power distribution (especially with these 9380 servos, they just don't use any power). But, at the same time I didn't want the switches to be a power bottleneck. So, I'm thinking I'll go with this SmartFly Micro power expander and failsafe electronic switch.
Why didnt you get the micro14????

Joe Hunt

150cc
Between me and my brother we have about every setup. Micro expander,eq10,power expander pro,6014 and wolverine switch. We dont run dual rx's on anything yet.lol

Me too, et al. I'm not a dual RX guy either, although I've run a couple of different dual RX setups just for the experience.

Joe Hunt

150cc
Why didnt you get the micro14????

It looks even cooler than the 12, but the 12 looked more versatile for using with other receivers, for instance. And, the 12 has the two channels that have two servo ports on them, which I'm using for my ailerons. But, the biggest reason is that I already had a 12 in stock... the 12 was on "the wall".

Attachments

• 20160626_204116.jpg
    20160626_204116.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 321