• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Assembly: Aeroworks QB 150cc Yak 55M

Joe Hunt

150cc
BTW, the Hitec 9380 servos travel the exact same distance off center out of the box. All 8 of them that I have. I've never experienced that with a servo before.

Joe Hunt

150cc
I installed the pull/pull rudder and thought the Aeroworks included hardware and setup, along with the Hitec linear travel and holding power, made the installation a breeze and very satisfying.
icon_e_smile.gif

Joe Hunt

150cc
I did. ;)

Disclaimer: I AM WAY IN THE HONEYMOON PHASE. However...

Planes have just gotten better. This plane is awesome. I am so glad I spent a little extra time on it getting the covering how I wanted, soldering all the PADs in, et al. Because it is definitely a keeper.

Joe Hunt

150cc
I used the stock tailwheel... the tiller arm is slightly offset from the pivot point, so I put in some eye hook slightly offset from the rudder hinge line. I also kept the eye hooks the same distance apart as the holes in the tiller arm. Doing both those things allows me to go with strong springs for great ground handling because there is no tension on the non pulling spring. The one thing I did forget to do it put some locktite on the set screw of the tiller arm so it popped off (along with the tailwheel tire) on the maiden landing. Whoops. haha

20150920_012248.jpg

Joe Hunt

150cc
Okay, before the maiden I realized virtually no ground clearance under the spats, and very little room around the 4" tire was just not going to work out. So, Mickey and Jerry both showed up and dremel'd out a new hole for the axle bolt and drilled a new blind nut. I was also planning to use these DUBRO TLs, but got in a hurry to do the maiden and ran the stock 4-1/2" tires (the Dubro's would have had to have been drilled for the stock axles, which would have taken 5 minutes that I did not have, haha).

20150920_122932.jpg