• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Another 91" EF Yak 54 Build

Sarlacc

50cc
Yes, I think I was waiting on measurements... and/or I might have forgotten about it :(

you still have my email right? please shoot me some measurements, and I'll work up a proof for you asap.
Will do gyro. Thanks again.

AmiT

New to GSN!
Thanks again Russ :) ... did you end up using the stock stand-off's with dle 61 ? or shorter one's ...

AmiT

New to GSN!
Just to keep everyone updated ... i revisited what Russ and phil (Flyinggiant) and everyone had mentioned and gave it a hard thought after much self convincing i went the Da 70 Route ... waiting for everything to arrive. I must say this Steve at DA Australia is a Top notch expert and a very helpful gentlemen .... He answered all my noob queries and gave me good advice on the setup. Guys give there website a try they stock real quality products and quite reasonably priced in most of the products. Awesome Customer service and a great personality. Loved there videos on youtube.

Ordered my 1270tg's from vvrc as usual they are a great bunch tim,tammy and Tom are cool.
Now when it all arrives i should be able to start the build as soon as i get a break from work may be aug end .

Now only thing remaining is to order a Prop .... those on Da 70 what's the best prop on the yak

Thanks again guys

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow!!! What a great motor! The DA60 is as well however my friend is experiencing some serious vibration issues that I don't think you will see in the twin 70. Nice choice! And sorry I think someone with a DA70 should answer as my opinions would be just that without any real DA70 experience.

ES Composites

Just found this Forum, so here's my first post!

A rather unfortunate nose-in dead stick required me to replace the stock mufflers on my Yak. So rather than go stock, I squeezed two ES Composite pipes in my Yak running a DA70. It took a bit of mods to the pipe tunnel, but I got 'em in!

Hope the rain here in Nashville passes for the weekend so I can get her tuned!

Richard

Attachments

• Exit.JPG
    Exit.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 286
  • Entrance.JPG
    Entrance.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 265
  • new prop.JPG
    new prop.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 270

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just found this Forum, so here's my first post!

A rather unfortunate nose-in dead stick required me to replace the stock mufflers on my Yak. So rather than go stock, I squeezed two ES Composite pipes in my Yak running a DA70. It took a bit of mods to the pipe tunnel, but I got 'em in!

Hope the rain here in Nashville passes for the weekend so I can get her tuned!

Richard

That's cool! Welcome :)

Why the long exit hoses?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Love the composite pipes... Nice job. I'm with GYRO about the length but I'm sure the thought is to cut them but I could be wrong.

Ha! Keen eyes! The stingers are hi temp heater hoses that I wraped in some blue bling :) I cut them after this pic was taken. Thanks for the welcome, good to be here!
Richard

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Welcome [MENTION=3523]NashVegas[/MENTION]. Does your name make reference to you being located in Vegas?