• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Another 91" EF Yak 54 Build

Sarlacc

50cc
I got my boxes today...

p.s. My build log is going to be pretty boring, and senical. Please subscribe!

Sarlacc

50cc
91_yak_russian_sm.jpgYak_russian_bottom_sm.jpg

This is the scheme I ordered, since there are only two schemes, I figure I will see a lot of these this year.

Gyro, I need some ideas on graphics to set mine apart.

Sarlacc

50cc
I plan on running my DLE 61, and either my 8711s or spektrum 6030s on the surfaces. I have a few other options, but these are what are not currently installed in something else.
I may have some 7955s as well.
I have a VVRC 24x9 beechwood with a 4" CF Spinner ready for the nose.
I will be using all stock hardware, and a Sarlacc Fuel tank.

Sarlacc

50cc
Here is the Fuse, got some items unboxed, and I have to see everything before I start assembly. Anyway....enjoy.image.jpegrt yak.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
View attachment 23106View attachment 23107

This is the scheme I ordered, since there are only two schemes, I figure I will see a lot of these this year.

Gyro, I need some ideas on graphics to set mine apart.

Russ... If I remember correctly, the EF 50cc come wiith no vinyl... so first off we need to get a Yak54 into the design, and some EF logo/lettering. I can integrate the chrome into the yak logo.

what else are you thinking about?

Sarlacc

50cc
Russ... If I remember correctly, the EF 50cc come wiith no vinyl... so first off we need to get a Yak54 into the design, and some EF logo/lettering. I can integrate the chrome into the yak logo.

what else are you thinking about?

I was thinking a big old chrome star to fit inside the star on the side of the Fuse, with a Black "9IK 54" inside of it....
A basic "DLE" flaming logo on the cowl up front.
I fly specktum, JR, Hitech equipment, and would want a few 3DRCforum logos to be safe.
After looking at the scheme, it is hard to put anything on it, without taking away from the scheme. I wasn't overly impressed with it from the photos on the website, but I did like it better then the splinter scheme, but after getting it. DAMN, she is pretty.
Let me know if you need measurements/detailed photos with a ruler for scale.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I was thinking a big old chrome star to fit inside the star on the side of the Fuse, with a Black "9IK 54" inside of it....
A basic "DLE" flaming logo on the cowl up front.
I fly specktum, JR, Hitech equipment, and would want a few 3DRCforum logos to be safe.
After looking at the scheme, it is hard to put anything on it, without taking away from the scheme. I wasn't overly impressed with it from the photos on the website, but I did like it better then the splinter scheme, but after getting it. DAMN, she is pretty.
Let me know if you need measurements/detailed photos with a ruler for scale.

I'll send you an email with a proof of your idea, and yes, I'll need some measurements.

Sarlacc

50cc
I got the ailerons, elevators hinged this weekend, along with the rudder servo tray glued in. I drilled the Spats for the axles, but that was as far as I got. There was a LOT of beer that needed drinking, so I had to take a little time off.
Ill blenderm the hinge lines, and start mounting servos tonight, but I have to find a way to cool my garage. It is damn hot here in Tennessee already!

Sarlacc

50cc
Maybe its the crap weather, but I have stopped working on this airplane, I have no desire to even go out to my shop. I pulled my engine and servos out of my Hybrid Edge, and that's all I have done. That was on Tuesday.

It must be something about this plane. The other guy never even maiden his did he?

SnowDog

ho - he didn't...but he's got young kids (twins I think) at home...so he told us he was going to step away for now.

This weather has been rough...it was snowing here in Chicago this morning. :|

I'm more focused now on the planes that I have which are flyable...cause it's flying weather...it will be 60+ here on Sunday

just focus on one item at a time...you'll get it done in no time.