• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Altitude Hobbies Hosted ZTW ESC discussion/ Q & A thread

ryan_m

100cc
I would offer another difference between the land power series (and probably the B series) from the A series, the A series has a slight throttle hesitation when advancing from a zero throttle spot. The land power series do not. Much faster and smoother. Definite improvement. That is the one thing I didn't like on the A series, and it is now fixed. Between that and the selectable BEC, I've found my new favorite ESC's!
Just got done installing an 85 amp land power on a 64" Extreme Flight MXS. Will put it to the test this weekend. Worked beautifully on the work bench.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I would offer another difference between the land power series (and probably the B series) from the A series, the A series has a slight throttle hesitation when advancing from a zero throttle spot. The land power series do not. Much faster and smoother. Definite improvement. That is the one thing I didn't like on the A series, and it is now fixed. Between that and the selectable BEC, I've found my new favorite ESC's!
Just got done installing an 85 amp land power on a 64" Extreme Flight MXS. Will put it to the test this weekend. Worked beautifully on the work bench.

I'll save you the guess work! I put one into my 64" MXS Saturday, and flew it this past Sunday.

It was A W E S O M E!

ryan_m

100cc
Well I banged on the LandPower 85 amp ESC in my 64" MXS all weekend and I definitely love it. Price is perfect, and the biggest thing I was hoping for is that the throttle is nice and smooth and advances from idle with no hesitation and it holds up perfectly to all those things. Much nicer than the A series ZTW's. Still wish the battery leads were about 1" longer. That is the only complaint I can find on it, otherwise I have definitely found my new favorite ESC brand and will definitely be buying more of these!

CHQ28

50cc
ZTW ESC discussion/ Q & A thread

I'm getting ready to throw an 85A land power on my 57 Extra. I have one question, will internal BEC hold up to 4 digital servos ok?

ryan_m

100cc
Yep.
reinforce the capacitors on it though. I had one fall off. Replaced it and the ESC is still going strong.
I used shoe goo all around them. Welders glue will work too.
I ran mine with 4 hitec HS-7245 HV Digitals with no problems.

CHQ28

50cc
ZTW ESC discussion/ Q & A thread

Yep.
reinforce the capacitors on it though. I had one fall off. Replaced it and the ESC is still going strong.
I used shoe goo all around them. Welders glue will work too.
I ran mine with 4 hitec HS-7245 HV Digitals with no problems.

Good to know, thanks! You had one of the capacitors fall off?:). Sounds fun, I'll get the shoe goo out.

AltitudeHobbies

GSN SPONSOR
Like Ryan said, you will be fine with the digis. ZTW did make a modification to the caps since the version Ryan is running -- they added some heatshrink over them which makes them a little stronger. However, I would still suggest adding some goo around them just for safety. We've made several suggestions to ZTW on improvements for the next run, and it sounds like they are adopting most of them! They should be available in the next couple months, and will feature some cool new features.

Garret

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
I just ordered a 45A ESC due to it having a 6A BEC. The T-Bird I was running only had a 3A and my 10A Ext BEC crapped out.

Frank

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Would these work in Heli's. I have a heli that was given to me that is a hodgepodge between a certain vendor and Align but slightly more align. Eventually, I plan to run Savox servos on the cyclic and possibly the tail. With this current demand plus the demanding loads on ESCs and BECs by helis, would the LP be suitable for heli usage?