• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Altitude Hobbies Hosted ZTW ESC discussion/ Q & A thread

AltitudeHobbies

GSN SPONSOR
Greetings,

Everyone knows the ZTW manufacturers one of highest quality ESC brands you can buy on the market today. We at Altitude Hobbies have been very impressed with their company and products and are proud to be a leading retailer of their line.

Please feel free to post any questions or comments in this thread or email us at altitudehobbies@gmail.com.
We work directly with the manufacturer; so, if we don't know the answer to your question, we can certainly find it!

Garret @ Altitude Hobbies

ZTW Logo.jpg
30A BEC.jpg50A SBEC.jpgA-ZTW110A SBEC .jpg

Greetings,

Everyone knows the ZTW manufacturers one of highest quality ESC brands you can buy on the market today. We at Altitude Hobbies have been very impressed with their company and products and are proud to be a leading retailer of their line.

Please feel free to post any questions or comments in this thread or email us at altitudehobbies@gmail.com.
We work directly with the manufacturer; so, if we don't know the answer to your question, we can certainly find it!

Garret @ Altitude Hobbies

View attachment 102
View attachment 103View attachment 104View attachment 105

+1 on the ZTW Esc, I have three of them in use right now and not a single issue. I will be sure to check you guys out the next time I purchase.

AltitudeHobbies

GSN SPONSOR
We just got them in today and they look great! The heatsinks on these things are huge! They have been sent out to our "testers" and we will report back soon.

Garret

gyro

GSN Contributor
Looking forward to results of this test. Currently running mine with a separate BEC. what will the selectable range be?

-G

Re: ZTW ESC discussion/ Q & A thread

Any idea on what the price difference will be on the adjustable bec esc? And will they require a different programming card?

AltitudeHobbies

GSN SPONSOR
Looking forward to results of this test. Currently running mine with a separate BEC. what will the selectable range be?

-G

Yes, it is 5.0, 5.5, or 6.0v. The 45A and higher have a 6A SBEC.

Any idea on what the price difference will be on the adjustable bec esc? And will they require a different programming card?

The price is not that much more -- in the smaller sizes, it is $1-$3. In the larger sizes, it is $4-$7 depending on model. Unfortunately, they do require a different programming card.

Garret

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Garret,

I saw there are two ESCs out. An A series and a B series. What is the difference?

Thanks,

Frank

AltitudeHobbies

GSN SPONSOR
Garret,

I saw there are two ESCs out. An A series and a B series. What is the difference?

Thanks,

Frank

Hi, Frank --

The A-series are the "original" version -- these are the ones people have been using for years. We sell them and Quantum has been selling them for quite a while. They are a great ESC and everyone loves them.

B-series are newer than A-series and have several additional features. USA companies used to not be able to sell them because Hobby Lobby was the sole distributor, selling them under their E-RC line. However, ZTW just recently allowed other companies to sell them under the B-series label. They feature new firmware that supports new programming options. They have an adjustable BEC voltage, new governor options, additional soft start options, etc. Quantum is now selling the B-series.

We recently brought in their newest line called Land Power. LP ESCs are based upon the B-series and are the latest evolution of ZTW controllers. They are essentially the same as B-series with a few new developments. Namely, they feature even newer firmware and have a much larger heatsink. Otherwise, they still have the adjustable BEC voltage and all the other good stuff as the B-series.

Hope that helps explain it!

Garret

Last edited by a moderator: