• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Airtronics Users

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Probably a good move for Sanwa as they're basically an afterthought in the air market now. Introducing a new TX would most likely be futile as sales would probably be very small, probably to the few Airtronics supports that are left.

Sanwa dominates the surface market, makes sense to focus there and keep that position.

I'll keep my SD-10G till it dies as it is more than meets my needs. I do have a new-in-box SD-10G that was purchased to be my backup TX that I carried to IMAC events in case something happened to my primary radio. Since I'm not flying IMAC any more I'm going to sell it; $265 shipped in the continental US.

thurmma

150cc
WOW! I was hoping to be able to sell my 5 month old SD-10GS with some 8 channel FHSS-1 and some 10 channel FHSS-3 rx's but, I don't think anyone is going to want to buy something that they can't get repaired when the time comes. I just switched to a Jeti DS-14.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Probably a good move for Sanwa as they're basically an afterthought in the air market now. Introducing a new TX would most likely be futile as sales would probably be very small, probably to the few Airtronics supports that are left.

Sanwa dominates the surface market, makes sense to focus there and keep that position.

I'll keep my SD-10G till it dies as it is more than meets my needs. I do have a new-in-box SD-10G that was purchased to be my backup TX that I carried to IMAC events in case something happened to my primary radio. Since I'm not flying IMAC any more I'm going to sell it; $265 shipped in the continental US.

Yep, I'll have mine till it goes kaput as well. I've been shopping around but don't think I can ever go completely away from them, I've just been using them for far too long. ATX had a golden opportunity a few years ago to really take over the market but they decided not to and kind of left their loyal airplane guys to hang out to dry. And with the new "Dealer" , and I use that term lightly, they already have the same issue as they did with Global, a trip to the dentist is more pleasurable than trying to get someone to answer a question.

I've been wanting a high end system for awhile, and god strike me now, the Futaba 18sz is looking like a damn good radio without costing more than my first car. It does waaaaaaay more than I'll ever need, but then again so did my 10G.

I have a 10G from the first batch sold, and I just bought a 10gs last year so I can stick with them for a while. But as we all know, radios are like computers, when you buy one it's obsolete by the time you get to use it lol

WOW! I was hoping to be able to sell my 5 month old SD-10GS with some 8 channel FHSS-1 and some 10 channel FHSS-3 rx's but, I don't think anyone is going to want to buy something that they can't get repaired when the time comes. I just switched to a Jeti DS-14.

If I had some cash I'd buy those receivers off of you, but unfortunately things are tight right now.

I'm probably going to free up all my 8 channel RX's in my foamies and smaller planes as dad is thinking about getting that Turnigy i10 that @49dimes has been posting about, that will go in all the small stuff. I'm sure it's a great radio, but just not comfortable putting it in my GS scale planes yet.

No matter what way you shape it, this really sucks for me. My family has been using this stuff since the they first started selling in the U.S and now they're gone......... Oh well, things change I guess.

thurmma

150cc
No matter what way you shape it, this really sucks for me. My family has been using this stuff since the they first started selling in the U.S and now they're gone......... Oh well, things change I guess.
I got started with Airtronics back in 91 and have had Hitec and Futaba since but, always came back to Airtronics. Finally came to a point where I outgrew the Airtronics radio and went to Jeti.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Guess I should stock up on gears for my 94809 servos!

I'll be doing the same for my 851's and 780's. If I can get enough gears to change them all out one more time, that will give me 8 years of use out of my set, so I can live with that.

Was contemplating switching to Pro Modeler servos anyway.

I never flew an Airtronics system but I have a NIB 6 channel 72mhz set that I picked up for $25. I had at one point contemplated going to the SD-10 but didn't make the change because it was a 1024 system. And that's not to say it wouldn't have worked for me and I could feel the difference between it and a 2048.

I hate to see the brand go anyways.

Bipeguy03

150cc
It is only a 1024 but man the frame rate is ridiculous, I've fried even cheaper digital servos because they couldn't keep up! lol

I got an email this evening from Paul Ciccarello who is now the distributer (Desoto Racing/Serpent America). He assured me that they will carry the full Aircraft line, servos and even be expanding but I guess I'll Believe it when I see it. It was just a couple months ago that Mike G told me that they were working on new stuff, not that they were going stop doing business with Sanwa.

Guess I just need to go flying, as soon as the wind in Ohio isn't blowing 600mph lol