• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Airtronics Users

Bipeguy03

150cc
I've been talking to Mike G in emails and he is "eluding" to it being a 14 channel, which for me will be perfect.

ATX does have slow product development, but I just can't force myself to switch because the stuff just works. While all my flying buddies are always fighting with their brand X radio, I just go burn holes in the sky.

I kinda feel like ATX takes the wait and let the other companies work out the bugs approach to new techs. Kinda like they did with 2.4, after all the other brands worked out the bugs ATX hit the market with a darn near bullet proof RDS8, then came FHSS3 modulation with latency times that blew everyone else out of the water, with a much lower price tag.

Airtronics is the Volvo of the radio world, you won't have the flashiest car in the race, but it won't ever let you down :)

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
My SD-10G has been flawless, now going on 4 years of service. It's unlikely that I'll need a TX that has more than 10 channels so I doubt that I'd purchase the new radio just to have the latest; telemetry is not a requirement for me. I would have thought that Sanwa could have released a firmware update that could enhance/add functions to this radio. Keep in mind I do not know anything about the guts of the SD-10G or the back end code/logic required to make it work correctly. Just some basic things I'd like to see but maybe they would be difficult to implement on the firmware/software side????

1. The ability to set up multiple aileron servos (centering, end point adjustment, etc.) without having to use a C-mix. Right now I'm using a Smart-Fly Equalizer for multiple servos on a control surface.

2. The TX currently has a count-up timer that shows length of time that the radio has been in use and a re-settable timer for the battery run time. I'd like to see a timer for each model. That would help keep track of run time on each one of my planes.

3. I use a 2S Lipo most of the time to power my TX. I'd like to be able to adjust the low battery alarm to 7.2 volts. The low battery warning is fine for the standard battery but is too low for a Lipo.

4. I'd like an option (maybe assigned to a switch) to make the flight timer be full screen when I'm flying. Currently it's so small (I have old eyes) I have a hard time seeing it without my reading glasses which I do not fly with. I have a hard time hearing the audible alarm if there are other planes in the air. It would be great to be able to quickly glance down at the TX display and be able to see and read the flight timer.

Bipeguy03

150cc
My SD-10G has been flawless, now going on 4 years of service. It's unlikely that I'll need a TX that has more than 10 channels so I doubt that I'd purchase the new radio just to have the latest; telemetry is not a requirement for me. I would have thought that Sanwa could have released a firmware update that could enhance/add functions to this radio. Keep in mind I do not know anything about the guts of the SD-10G or the back end code/logic required to make it work correctly. Just some basic things I'd like to see but maybe they would be difficult to implement on the firmware/software side????

1. The ability to set up multiple aileron servos (centering, end point adjustment, etc.) without having to use a C-mix. Right now I'm using a Smart-Fly Equalizer for multiple servos on a control surface.

2. The TX currently has a count-up timer that shows length of time that the radio has been in use and a re-settable timer for the battery run time. I'd like to see a timer for each model. That would help keep track of run time on each one of my planes.

3. I use a 2S Lipo most of the time to power my TX. I'd like to be able to adjust the low battery alarm to 7.2 volts. The low battery warning is fine for the standard battery but is too low for a Lipo.

4. I'd like an option (maybe assigned to a switch) to make the flight timer be full screen when I'm flying. Currently it's so small (I have old eyes) I have a hard time seeing it without my reading glasses which I do not fly with. I have a hard time hearing the audible alarm if there are other planes in the air. It would be great to be able to quickly glance down at the TX display and be able to see and read the flight timer.

I've told Mike G about this thread, and that he should check in for what the guys that aren't all glider pilots want. Hopefully he reports it back to Sanwa.

I like the idea of the settable low voltage alarm for the TX as I use a 2s LiIon in mine, and also the big timer. Even with my young eyes I have to look away from the airplane to long to see and focus on the little time display.

Bipeguy03

150cc
:D

IMG_4969.JPG

Bipeguy03

150cc
@Capt.Roll What Lipo are you using in your radio?

Been thinking about getting a couple of Pulse Lipos for my two so I can have my Fromeco's back to run smoke pumps in my planes. Just looking to see what Mah and C rating you're using and what your run times are.

Thanks!

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I been getting my TX lipos from Value Hobby. It is a very good fit in the battery compartment. The pack is 2600mAh and a C rating is not published; my guess is probably not more than 5C. It does have a caution to not charge more than 1C.

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-systems/batteries/2s-lipo/gforce-2600mah-2s-tx.html

I don't keep track of the run time any more but I think around 10 hours usage. I watch the batter meter on the TX, when it shows 7.6V I pull the pack and install a fresh one.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I been getting my TX lipos from Value Hobby. It is a very good fit in the battery compartment. The pack is 2600mAh and a C rating is not published; my guess is probably not more than 5C. It does have a caution to not charge more than 1C.

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-systems/batteries/2s-lipo/gforce-2600mah-2s-tx.html

I don't keep track of the run time any more but I think around 10 hours usage. I watch the batter meter on the TX, when it shows 7.6V I pull the pack and install a fresh one.

Awesome, thank you!!

Bipeguy03

150cc
Well :steamer:!!!!!

Global is no longer the distributer of Airtronics, and the ATX name is most likely gone. Sanwa is going the independent direction with a network of smaller dealers. I guess it worked for JR but not to sure about this.

I know a lot of the guys on here have been thinking about switching, and this will most likely be the catalyst for that to happen. Me personally, I am going to stick it out for awhile with Sanwa in hopes it works for them the same as it did with JR. Global will continue to sell and support ATX as long as their stock holds out, but as of now the US distributer is Desoto Racing,

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/home.php

Not a good day for me though.

http://www.modelairplanenews.com/blog/2016/04/02/airtronics-end-of-an-era/